a2z

www.a2zinc.net
There are newer employer reviews for a2z

Friendly atmosphere and fast-paced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at a2z full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has grown quickly from a dot com start up to a majority player in its marketplace of b2b event management software. It is a close knit group and employees get to know each other well. Many employers are actually former clients and vendors who worked on the other side of the relationship for years before joining as an employee.

Cons

It is a cozy group of people. It is also a very flat structure hierarchically where a new intern may land a plum project if they show talent and initiative. If you want an impersonal 9 to 5 office life, this may not be for you.

4 Other Employee Reviews for a2z (View Most Recent)

a2z has a corporate culture most people envy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at a2z full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked at many other places before a2z, I can say that the atmosphere and culture are far superior to anywhere I've experienced. Respect, family-oriented, education-focused, and client-caring top the list for me.
    Respect: People of many ethnicities, faiths, politics and lifestyles work together and share ideas and opinions in a manner that allows us each to learn from the others.
    Family-oriented: when issues arise with one's family or health that require creative scheduling it is always available and team members are supportive.
    Education-focused: there is a generous education allowance, schedules can be re-arranged, and encouragement is always at hand.
    Client caring: a2z treats its clients like its team - sending baby gifts, sympathy cards, birthday cards - whatever the occasion warrants.

I see a2z as a place where
     - interns can learn/be mentored and then go on to other opportunities better prepared (sometimes they join a2z full-time).
     - team members are given the tools to succeed.
     - all team members can feel that they have input and ownership into the projects.
     - everyone is appreciated.

Of course the product is something in which I believe strongly - a2z is committed to saving clients time and money as well as helping clients find ways to ease the pains that come with hosting exhibitions and conferences. A consultative and collaborative approach facilitates that process.

I have been with a2z longer than any other employment venue - if it were not a great place, I would have been gone long ago.

Cons

Not a "con" but a challenge: working in such a tech-based multi-generational workplace takes a special blend of gifts and talents. From time to time in the growth process this gets off-balance and must be addressed.

Continue being transparent and inclusive. Continue allowing team members to be themselves and fostering respect for differing views. Continue to be open to change and suggestions. Continue to expand wisely, watching for the growing pains and addressing them as a team.

Professional, Authoritative, Monotonous

I worked at a2z full-time

Pros

Professionally run at the lower levels
    Good learning in terms of technology

Cons

- Nepotism at higher level
    - Dictatorial way of running mainly because there is no transparency and its a one man show. No board, no democracy.

- Implement transparency
    - Take everybody into confidence for your decisions
    - Implement a board that decides things instead of only one person managing everything

There are newer employer reviews for a2z