There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace

Work Hard / Play Hard. Lot of room for career growth at a rapidly growing company. Not for the weak of heart.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace

Pros

Company is growing very quickly, brand becoming a known player in the industry.
Promotions mainly come from within, and as company grows, room for career growth abounds.
Great team of people, young and driven, makes it easy to come to work every day.
You will be working with major brands/companies and be involved in big projects very quickly.
Accountability puts the ball mostly in your court. Excel and the sky is the limit.

Cons

With a company growing so quickly, there are definitely growing pains - which is exciting but not for everyone.
Because everyone is so accountable for their work, this is not the company where you will skate by.

51 Other Employee Reviews for adMarketplace (View Most Recent)

Echoing a previous post, if you have better options, take them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace

Pros

Coworkers are very smart and knowledgeable. If you're interested in learning about different areas, many have great backgrounds and can give you more information. Almost everyone is open to sharing their experiences.

However, senior members are often overloaded, so you may not get the feedback you need.

Cons

They take attendance and now they are going to start 'grading' your code. Management is essentially two-faced, telling you one thing, like, 'we don't want you working here all hours', but then showing and demanding the opposite, such as moving code releases too early, not sufficiently testing the code, and finding scapegoats to fire. The system is buggy and hastily put together and new hires struggle with learning. There are many more new hires than senior members, (who have been pushed out), and there is high turnover. Someone quit after only two days when he saw what was really going on. There is no loyalty from management even if you've done great work for years and the contract also states that they can fire you for any reason.

It's the recession and they'll use that. And most of the new hires are on visas.

Stop walking around with a metal bat to instill fear in your workers. Stop blaming people when they can't fix problems that you created.

I spent my time there working hard, and getting out of it what I put in; I learned a lot and it opened many doors for me

Former Employee - Business Development Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace

Pros

Fast-growing company with fun & driven coworkers, most of whom were very social and outgoing, which made coming to the office on a Monday morning tolerable. They're on the forefront of technology and internet, so always ahead of the curve. There's no bureaucracy, promotions are merit-based not ass-kissing-based, and the management worked next to and with everyone, not above them; I could go to the COO with questions or concerns, no layers of red tape. That equals fast response times and quick problem-solving.

Cons

The office building bathrooms were whack. With new people always starting, there were continuity issues at times, the growth spurts of a young company--learning people's names and what they do, figuring out procedure and protocol, and so on. They were working on figuring these things out as I was leaving.

More team-building would be very beneficial to solve the continuity issues mentioned above. Help new people assimilate into the office smoother and quicker.

There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace

Worked for adMarketplace? Contribute to the Community!