adMarketplace

www.admarketplace.com

Work Hard / Play Hard. Lot of room for career growth at a rapidly growing company. Not for the weak of heart.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Company is growing very quickly, brand becoming a known player in the industry.
Promotions mainly come from within, and as company grows, room for career growth abounds.
Great team of people, young and driven, makes it easy to come to work every day.
You will be working with major brands/companies and be involved in big projects very quickly.
Accountability puts the ball mostly in your court. Excel and the sky is the limit.

Cons

With a company growing so quickly, there are definitely growing pains - which is exciting but not for everyone.
Because everyone is so accountable for their work, this is not the company where you will skate by.

Other reviews for adMarketplace

Echoing a previous post, if you have better options, take them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Coworkers are very smart and knowledgeable. If you're interested in learning about different areas, many have great backgrounds and can give you more information. Almost everyone is open to sharing their experiences.

However, senior members are often overloaded, so you may not get the feedback you need.

Cons

They take attendance and now they are going to start 'grading' your code. Management is essentially two-faced, telling you one thing, like, 'we don't want you working here all hours', but then showing and demanding the opposite, such as moving code releases too early, not sufficiently testing the code, and finding scapegoats to fire. The system is buggy and hastily put together and new hires struggle with learning. There are many more new hires than senior members, (who have been pushed out), and there is high turnover. Someone quit after only two days when he saw what was really going on. There is no loyalty from management even if you've done great work for years and the contract also states that they can fire you for any reason.

It's the recession and they'll use that. And most of the new hires are on visas.

Stop walking around with a metal bat to instill fear in your workers. Stop blaming people when they can't fix problems that you created.

Work Hard and Reap the Rewards

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

- Hard work is noticed and rewarded
    - Culture is focused on success and company has tremendous momentum
    - Great combination of serious work and time for fun
    - Opportunities for growth and advancement
    - High level of client interaction and corresponding responsibility
    - Awesome perks, including travel, events, and team-building outings
    - Management acts like a "good coach" - fair, tough when necessary, and will make you your best self

Cons

- Higher than average turnover in the past, but never saw an unwarranted departure
    - Client base had previously been average, but is now top-notch
    - Marketing materials were sub-par, but issue was addressed
    - Not the place for someone looking to be lazy, unmotivated, or uninspired

My experience at adMarketplace was both financially and personally rewarding. I felt like a valued member of the team, and that my feedback to management was heard, respected, and most importantly, acted upon. I still visit the office when I am in town, and am warmly received when I do. My advice would be to be even more selective when making hiring decisions, as it takes the right kind of highly motivated and emotionally stable person to work there. That being said, the company has exhibited tremendous growth in a down economy, and management is notably intelligent and strategic minded. I always felt like we were headed in the right direction, and that was proven during my time there and the time since my departure. Overall, I miss working there and highly recommend both the Account Executive position and the company in general to those looking for a challenging next career move.

There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace.

Worked for adMarketplace? Contribute to the Community!