Visibility and Accountability

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say that the best reason to be here is the recognition you receive for the good work you're putting forth. Effort and time need to be put in. of course, but there's a direct link to the recognization from upper management, etc... Of course, if something goes wrong, there's negatives for being visible as well. I would also say the company culture is great.. Everyone is friendly, easy to be around and SMART. That's a big plus and I can honestly say I work with some of the smartest people in this industry and there is a lot to be learned.

Cons

Healthier office snacks/food Friday's? :)

Other Employee Reviews for adMarketplace

Try it out and see what happens. Don't move to New York for this job though.

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be rewarded if you perform well. The senior management (the top 3 guys) only care about one thing: money. Management does not care about their product or their company beyond how well it can make them money. If you help them make money, they will like you. They will give you a meaningless title (senior/director) and a decent salary. You can progress quickly in the company if you are at the high end of the money-making bell curve. However, those in the middle or back of the bell curve are constantly on thin ice. That's about 90% of all employees. The average lifespan of an admarketplace employee is 2 months. This is not unlike other online advertising/marketing companies though. The industry is rough and cutthroat. There are plenty of better jobs in online marketing NOT at online firms. Almost all companies do PPC and often hire in-house account managers.

Cons

Admarketplace is not necessarily a terrible place to work if you can handle the following: -Long hours without adequate compensation -Complete lack of respect from management -Superficial office culture -Absurdly aggressive micromanagement -Occasional work on weekends and holidays -Ubiquitous sadness from constant firings

Big strides made over the past year

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I started here last year, the company has made huge improvements to its culture and morale. They started free food Fridays, alternating between pizzas and bagels from week to week; thrown some great internal events like bowling and picnics, as well as larger events like beer pong tournaments and dinners; started making a much more valiant effort to engage with and cater to employees, leading to greatly improved internal communication and interactions. All this leads to a greater working environment, with co-workers who like each other and enjoy coming into the office. There appear to be even more initiatives on the way that will hopefully keep this trend going.

Cons

The CEO has no idea how to actually lead, only scream and shout and attempt to intimidate. When he's not in the office, people are happier. When he's here and shouting at everyone...well, I strongly believe that he is solely responsible for the company's constant employee turnover: nobody wants to work for a tyrant who lacks any self-awareness. The worst part about him, however, is his complete inability or lack of interest in actually growing, learning, or adjusting. And nobody -- not even upper management -- is willing to call him out on it. This sounds harsh, but really, outside of him, things are looking up here. Seriously. The atmosphere for the most part has improved tenfold since I started less than a year ago, and I'm hopeful that the CEO will realize his faults, adjust, and enable me and others to give adMarketplace 5 stars overall instead of 4.

Advice to Management

Stop yelling and start LEADING. Start actually caring about your employees.