Opportunities for growth and knowledge.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always great opportunities for career growth and knowledge as they are an evolving company. adMarketplace has some of the most talented people I have every had the pleasure of working with. Everyone is always willing to share their knowledge. Along with the push and expectations from upper management you are guaranteed to improve your skills. Wether your fail or not within the company you will come out better. They are always willing to acknowledge a job well done. Huge plus.

Also, they will invest in their employees growing. I've had tons of books, software, ect. thrown my way. I can not stress how important this is.

Cons

I will admit the yelling behind closed doors is a little daunting at first but I quickly realized it is how upper management has always communicated. They seriously try to keep a lid on it. No one likes parents arguing. You can quickly get over it. I also believe it is well balanced by some of nicest upper management I've ever met. I'm sure if I was a CEO I'd do my fair share of yelling. Steve jobs did.

The company is young in culture and growing. I can imagine its hard to keep the 'school yard' under control. Everyone works hard and plays hard. So don't be surprised if you get a finger waved in your face for being late. I think we all need it from time to time. Hard work will always pay off with in admarketplace.

Other Reviews for adMarketplace

Visibility and Accountability

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say that the best reason to be here is the recognition you receive for the good work you're putting forth. Effort and time need to be put in. of course, but there's a direct link to the recognization from upper management, etc... Of course, if something goes wrong, there's negatives for being visible as well.

I would also say the company culture is great.. Everyone is friendly, easy to be around and SMART. That's a big plus and I can honestly say I work with some of the smartest people in this industry and there is a lot to be learned.

Cons

Healthier office snacks/food Friday's? :)

Try it out and see what happens. Don't move to New York for this job though.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be rewarded if you perform well. The senior management (the top 3 guys) only care about one thing: money. Management does not care about their product or their company beyond how well it can make them money. If you help them make money, they will like you. They will give you a meaningless title (senior/director) and a decent salary. You can progress quickly in the company if you are at the high end of the money-making bell curve. However, those in the middle or back of the bell curve are constantly on thin ice. That's about 90% of all employees. The average lifespan of an admarketplace employee is 2 months.

This is not unlike other online advertising/marketing companies though. The industry is rough and cutthroat. There are plenty of better jobs in online marketing NOT at online firms. Almost all companies do PPC and often hire in-house account managers.

Cons

Admarketplace is not necessarily a terrible place to work if you can handle the following:
    -Long hours without adequate compensation
    -Complete lack of respect from management
    -Superficial office culture
    -Absurdly aggressive micromanagement
    -Occasional work on weekends and holidays
    -Ubiquitous sadness from constant firings

There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace.

Worked for adMarketplace? Contribute to the Community!