alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com

Would not recommend

Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDepending on the group you are placed in, this job would not be any worse than working at a Big 4 firm. If you play the game correctly, you can be promoted very quickly. You will learn a lot and the work is interesting. If you graduated with a liberal arts degree, this may be one of the better jobs available. If you like to travel, this is also a plus. I was out of the office 40% of the time.

ConsBest case scenario, you work 100+ hours during tax season and 80 rest of the year. The downside is alliantgroup is not looked at in a favorable light by most accounting firms. Part of this is due to lack of recognition (due to size) and part of this is alliantgroup has been involved in numerous lawsuits and disputes with reputable accounting firms. alliantgroup tries to emulate the Big 4 accounting firm practice of bringing in a ton of people and weeding them out. Unfortunately there are not companies lined up to hire those people afterwords like with the Big 4 firms. Once you leave this company (I promise you will dream of this day as soon as you hit 6 months) don't expect for other employers to value the experience you received at alliantgroup.

There is also a strict hierarchy here. If you are hired as a project associate, be prepared to be talked to by the directors and associates. Double if you are hired on as Admin position. alliantgroup started a group for client relation experts while I was working there. This group is the worst. They have direct access to the owner of the company and their role is basically to act as informants within the company. They don't understand the tax credits are calculated but are higher on the food chain then associates and project associates. Management is very young and unprofessional. Be prepared for a lot of gossip and backstabbing. Part of this is also not management’s fault, since they are also project managers for a large number of projects and have not had a life outside of work for years.

If you cannot find any other job elsewhere is the only reason I would consider taking a position at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people to actually manage. Get rid of the client relation experts.

Continuous high turnover tells the story

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros: If you prefer fair compensation in terms of sweets, $5 lunch… Cons: If you prefer fair compensation, then this place is certainly not for… Advice to Senior Management: Management very intelligently uses entry-level people for cheap in-sourcing. Honestly, pressing young, inexperienced (but relatively intelligent) people to the max on the (relatively)… More

overworked, under appreciated, high stress level

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros: often free food, co workers can be nice, incentives to… Cons: high stress level, unprofessional working environment, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on alliantgroup, LP.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!