Take Control of Your Career

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company that offers unlimited opportunities for growth and development. It is not uncommon to start in one position, and a year later, be in a completely different department. They try to cultivate the attributes of each employee and put them in a position to succeed and add value to the firm. There are also a lot of perks at the company such as frequent happy hours, bonus incentives, dinners with management, and for the elite performers...all expenses paid trips around the country! But the best pro at alliantgroup are the people. When I started, I said that I was not there to make friends, but to make money. Well at alliantgroup, the two go hand and hand!!

Cons

Some people elevate into management too fast. An employee may be great at managing him/herself, but not as effective managing a team of their peers. However, I will say that the management experience you get on a daily basis is like nothing else you will experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire ambitious and driven people who take initiative. However, understand that everyone will not enjoy tax. For many employees this is their first "real" job. So extra attention and mentorship needs to be in place to help them maximize their potential.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

1. The Opportunities are Endless

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I have been working at the company for more than a year and a half and love each and every day. The sky is the limit with the opportunities and they will greatly reward those who put in the work! Each day provides you with new opportunities to learn about companies from all around the country and new innovative products and ideas that people are developing. It is also very rewarding to work for a company who is helping put money back in the hands of small to medium sized businesses. Our clients are so appreciative of the tax incentives we identify and it is amazing to hear the stories about jobs being saved by the work that we are doing.

Cons

The hours during tax season can be long but the hard work is definitely rewarded and the days typically fly by.

Approach with caution

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are lots of young people there which made for a lively albeit counterproductive environment. I suppose there were other good things like free food, frequent office celebrations, and flexible policies for favored employees.

Cons

Management's public humilitation of employees Questionable billing practices Constant quitting, firing, and hiring Extreme work hours, typically 70+ hrs a week Poor work quality There were other things too. People running out of the building crying became pretty typical by the time I left. They also had a knack for firing people on their birthdays. I left because I wanted a stable work environment without the constant pressure to bill, bill, bill especially since I didn't agree with their methods. I also felt that the company lacked structure. Its a young company so it may have still been trying to get its footing. Either way, I couldn't wait to get out. Dropping that company was like losing 20 pounds of stress and negativity. I'm much happier in my new company. Also, be leery of all the cheery, overly positive reviews. The "marketing department" always seemed to have alot of time on their hands. The people I know that still work there say nothing has changed and may even be worse.

Advice to Management

Hire real business experts to run the company. Having a law degree does not automatically make you a businessman.