There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Unprofessional, political and very high turnover - First page of reviews is clearly the company.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are right out of college, you will make decent money for having no experience. Good parties with open bar.

Cons

However, the hours you will work and stuff you will have to put up with makes no amount of money worth it and you will be underpaid for your worth. "Tax Season" is year-round because turnover is so high. Everyone in management is out for their own and this company has the most deluded ideas and abuses group think. You are not a person here, you are a working monkey and if you let them walk all over you with the long hours and extreme study loads, they will. You will be told we want you to leave at 6:30pm each day - but then given unreasonable work loads that require long nights and weekend working. There is a reason no one has a family in this company. Don't be fooled by the quick promotions - management is benefiting from promoting quickly and getting bonuses - told to promote quickly. People aren't prepared to be promoted but are in order to keep them around - then they quit anyways because they are overwhelmed with the work load and responsibilities of a promotion. Speaking of bonuses - billing is the only thing rewarded here. Not hard work - how much money can you bill to your clients. Bonuses are hard to get when you are new because uppers push non-billable work down. People will bill 100+ hours to billable files during "billing contests" - contest set to bring in revenue at the end of quarter etc. If you are an attorney - billing this way will be a problem for you.

I don't think there is anything that can be done to improve this place. Management will never listen. People leaving all the time is not enough. My only advice is to get rid of recruiting. They are awful. Also stop hiring "talent". Hire people that need money and will work for it no matter the dirty feeling you get by being apart of this company. Also hire people that don't have experience and won't leave for better opportunities - because they don't know better. Start letting people expense their alcohol bills - it is the only way people can survive this job.

reviews filtered by

Approach with caution

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are lots of young people there which made for a lively albeit counterproductive environment. I suppose there were other good things like free food, frequent office celebrations, and flexible policies for favored employees.

Cons

Management's public humilitation of employees
    Questionable billing practices
    Constant quitting, firing, and hiring
    Extreme work hours, typically 70+ hrs a week
    Poor work quality

There were other things too. People running out of the building crying became pretty typical by the time I left. They also had a knack for firing people on their birthdays.

I left because I wanted a stable work environment without the constant pressure to bill, bill, bill especially since I didn't agree with their methods. I also felt that the company lacked structure. Its a young company so it may have still been trying to get its footing. Either way, I couldn't wait to get out. Dropping that company was like losing 20 pounds of stress and negativity. I'm much happier in my new company.

Also, be leery of all the cheery, overly positive reviews. The "marketing department" always seemed to have alot of time on their hands. The people I know that still work there say nothing has changed and may even be worse.

Hire real business experts to run the company. Having a law degree does not automatically make you a businessman.

Fake Reviews

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Pay is ok, but for the amount of work you do and the hours you put in, it isn't as great as it seems

Cons

The 5 star reviews posted here are written and posted by management. Any company that goes to such great lengths to suppress real reviews is probably not a good place to work.

They are extremely unethical with regards to billing practices. They also treat their employees very poorly, often publicly humiliating and berating them. I know the job market is bad, but just keep looking. Don't settle for Alliantgroup

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP