There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Unprofessional, political and very high turnover - First page of reviews is clearly the company.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are right out of college, you will make decent money for having no experience. Good parties with open bar.

Cons

However, the hours you will work and stuff you will have to put up with makes no amount of money worth it and you will be underpaid for your worth. "Tax Season" is year-round because turnover is so high. Everyone in management is out for their own and this company has the most deluded ideas and abuses group think. You are not a person here, you are a working monkey and if you let them walk all over you with the long hours and extreme study loads, they will. You will be told we want you to leave at 6:30pm each day - but then given unreasonable work loads that require long nights and weekend working. There is a reason no one has a family in this company. Don't be fooled by the quick promotions - management is benefiting from promoting quickly and getting bonuses - told to promote quickly. People aren't prepared to be promoted but are in order to keep them around - then they quit anyways because they are overwhelmed with the work load and responsibilities of a promotion. Speaking of bonuses - billing is the only thing rewarded here. Not hard work - how much money can you bill to your clients. Bonuses are hard to get when you are new because uppers push non-billable work down. People will bill 100+ hours to billable files during "billing contests" - contest set to bring in revenue at the end of quarter etc. If you are an attorney - billing this way will be a problem for you.

Advice to Management

I don't think there is anything that can be done to improve this place. Management will never listen. People leaving all the time is not enough. My only advice is to get rid of recruiting. They are awful. Also stop hiring "talent". Hire people that need money and will work for it no matter the dirty feeling you get by being apart of this company. Also hire people that don't have experience and won't leave for better opportunities - because they don't know better. Start letting people expense their alcohol bills - it is the only way people can survive this job.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Two sides to every coin I guess...

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Great office environment. People are friendly. Room for growth if you work your butt off. Building and office is very clean and secure.

Cons

Very much like high school; cliques, petty grudges, false promises etc. Management's sense of entitlement.

alliantgroup is like no other company!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within two years of being at alliantgroup, I have grown leaps and bounds, both professionally and personally. I never thought a company like this existed - the opportunities are endless and professional growth is not stunted by age or experience. They give you every chance to make your career be what you want it to be. I constantly am being told "be greedy with your career." Upper management is truly motivated by their employees' successes and rewards like no other, something that is not seen elsewhere. I have a direct impact on our economy by strengthening American businesses and creating jobs here in the United States. Not only is money back in our client's hands alliantgroup's end product, but day in, day out, I get to establish relationships with companies that are the heart and soul of our country and economy. I get complete satisfaction from providing this service to our clients who in turn get to reinvest that money back into their companies to keep the doors open and create more job openings.

Cons

Absolutely zero. You work hard but you get rewarded and play even harder.