alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

A huge disappointment

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

-Great for people just out of college who are single
-Lots of company events (must be extroverted to work here)
-Good money if you put the company first over everything else
-Paid lunch

Cons

-NO work life balance
-High Turnover
-Company politics at its finest
-Favoritism to attractive, single employees ( borderline inappropriate)
-Focus on individual effort versus TEAM

My advice to management is to learn how to keep your employees. I must have seen 8 people quit in a matter of a year, and that was just in my department. They might tell you that their is growth potential, but you will not have a say in what you GROW to be. They ask for your feedback and opinions, however if it is not in line with theirs, don't even dare say it. Upper management showed high favoritism to: single and attractive employees who put alliantgroup number one in their lives. They will tell you they have your best interest at heart, but will go behind your back. This is company politics at your finest so bring your A Game. They lay out your job expectations very clearly, but a lot of times don't tell you the 'Why' to things. You can climb the chain fast and make good money, you just need to decide if it is worth giving up a work life/balance and your sanity. Finally they push you to be super competitive, and the whole company looses sight of teamwork. It spins my mind to see how fast this company is growing, despite how they treat their employees. It's your basic take advantage of people who don't know what normal working conditions are. Final note- You will see the high turnover ever month, and they will just pull you in a room and tell you that 'John' wasn't a good fit, when in reality alliantgroup isn't a good fit for the average American.

167 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Mistake of accepting position and working there for as long as I did.

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Drinking was allowed at the office. Worked with individuals around my age. Unlimited sodas. Food during the tax seasons.

Cons

Drinking was allowed at the office. Expect to be present at every company event outside of work hours, regardless of personal matters or previous engagements. Too much slacking off during hours. Gossip went around like wildfire.

Need to reevaluate yourself, other management personal and the individuals currently working there.

Driven to be the best of the best

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is absolutely amusing to me to see some of these negative reviews. When you work here, you are told up front that there are longer hours. This is not an 8-5 job, and the directors and owners are clear that alliantgroup is for the elite consulting minded, client service minded professionals that want to get a seat at the table. If you want to check in and check out, you will hate it here. If you like to work hard, not wait a year for 2-3% raise that is across the board, and you want to be rewarded for what you put in the firm, you will love it.

Also, working with young, very intelligent people is a nice plus. Average age in the firm is around 30. Makes the parties really fun. Casual work environment, office pranks, paid lunch, and lots of firm outings.

Bottom line, if you want a 'job' and not a 'career' do not apply. If you are looking for a company that you can hang out in the corner and not be noticed, do not apply. If you are money motivated, this is the place to be.

Cons

-A lot of young managers who need management training, but they are working on this.
    - Due to growth, the office is pretty tight and it gets pretty loud, but we are moving into a new building.
    -Paid lunch is a nice perk, but the food is not that great. Needs salt bad.

Keep hiring more senior level managers to help with day to day management.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP