There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

BEWARE

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

the pay was okay and decent.
i met one normal person who is still my friend

Cons

No personal life
-Fire you for no reason (they took my laptop away and said it had a virus so I could go home (fyi: took it away so i wouldn't take it home with me that day because they were having my agency fire me after i left) however, i figured it out quicker than it took the obese assistant to waddle down to me and tell me that.
-you WILL get talked about and looked down upon if you don't attend company events... after starting there, i quickly realized that I did not want to associate myself with the weirdos that work there, so i never went
-Everyone sleeps with each other
-Worst training ever
-Drinking on the job... and everyone slacking off without caring that it will force other people to stay late
-everyone will tell your business and rumors spread like wildfire. I saw this happen to many respected employees

Review your hiring staff... they refuse to hire anyone if there is a physical flaw so applicants better look top notch or they will talk crap about you. A few comments I heard a manager say, "she looked like she hadn't gotten her nails done in 2 weeks so I am not hiring her".Also asked "is he/she presentable?" before deciding if the older recruiters will even see them. The talent recruiters are ruining the potential of this company..

125 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Sordid

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health benefits, free food during tax season, money-if senior leadership likes you

Cons

Bi-polar culture, integrity of company is questionable, inefficient, high turnover (80% of staff have less than a year of tenure)

As a professional services company, you need to treat your staff well. The company you have created is not built to last.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned

Former Employee - IT Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fringe benefits are alright. Health insurance for employee is paid by employer, company subsidizes lunch in cafeteria downstairs up to $5/day, free drinks in the soda machines in the office, and 'treats' such as ice cream or other goodies occur infrequently throughout the year (but particularly during tax seasons).

Cons

There are two main problems with accepting a job here: ridiculous turnover rates among employees, and ridiculous working hours. Let's look at them separately. Turnover is higher here than any other company for which I've worked; the average 'life expectancy' of an incoming associate in the production departments is about six months, with a high number of people burning out even before then. Rather than address the problems that cause this turnover, management just assumes that they can 'out-hire' the problem, and commonly hires more people than they need with the expectation that some people will filter out shortly thereafter. The second problem - the crazy working hours - feeds the first. Outside of tax seasons (that is, April 15 through August 1, and October 15 through February 1), fifty to sixty hour work weeks are considered standard. During tax seasons, the expected hours can reach as high as sixteen hour days, with weekends as well! While some people can handle these hours, and can potential rise a few rungs on the corporate ladder here, I would never recommend to someone I like that they accept a job here. Starting salaries are also comically low for fresh graduates, and only becomes a little bit better for people with advanced degrees such as a masters' or law degree. Finally, the business itself seems to be dependent in large part upon a few sections of the US tax code, which if reformed or removed, would cause the company to no longer be a 'going concern' in a very short amount of time.

Treat employees better, show some respect for the rank-and-file, and try to not 'show off' the excesses such as the CEO's Ferrari.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!