There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Employees are robots - my team director works 100 hrs per week and is told to hide this -high turnover

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Free food - not a pro if u want to stay healthy. Also food is brought in because it's "strongly advised" you never go to lunch

Cons

Hours- expect to work 70-90 hours per week in both tax season and non tax season. You can't go out to lunch without ridicule or being "talked to" by a manager who doesn't work on studies or understand the business. Be careful you don't speak to a "low performer" or you will soon be one. Everyone in the office is sleeping together and very unprofessional. Every event includes tons of alcohol creating a very unprofessional environment. All of human resources quit due to lack of professionalism. When complaints were brought up to human resources, management only cared about protecting themselves. Overly confident management with tons of arrogant attorneys. Google allaintgroup and you'll find many, many lawsuits. Unethical billing practices. They talk about helping clients but they rip them off with "billing contests". Ive worked here for three years and can't advise enough for others to steer clear. I am actively looking and facing a lot of criticism from employers regarding my current company. This is a liability on my resume.

Advice to Management

Your employees are not robots - you need some real human resources. You do not reward high performers. All they get is more work and more hours. Pay seems high but it's horrible when you do the math. Being a project associate or on the implementation team means you work ten times harder than other departments. No one wants to go into management because your workload becomes unbearable -- you do the exact same job as an associate with much heavier amount of projects and also a ton of management responsibilities. Most managers leave the role quickly or are fired. Look at all managers to understand their tenure. No one leaves a great opportunity --- so why is everyone leaving? Seems that almost everyday someone quits or is fired for tiny reasons.

Do not work here! Miserable managers - overworked employees - overdone politics - lack of professionalism. Recruiters sell you on development and earning potential because no one can bare to be here more than a few years. Most all employees have been there under a year -- most intelligent employees quit. I am working on this and very excited! All employees including managers talk about quitting on a daily basis.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Highly illegal hiring practices. "No accent's"- quote from the Senior Leadership, even the ones with accents! They

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food if you work late, plenty of booze flows after 5. Good salary, but you earn it. Don't bother to break down your salary on an hourly basis, it will depress you.

They do make money for their clients and themselves, and job creation is their mantra.

Cons

No work/life balance, rampant favortism, senior leaders sleep together. They mock potential hires, nothing escapes their criticism: race, religion, national origin, physical disabilities, sexual orientation, and wardrobe are favorite targets of the senior leadership.

They have about 100 lawyers who work there, they feel rules do not apply to them because they can legally outmaneuver everybody, even the IRS. Good luck with that.

Advice to Management

Get legal or go to jail

BEWARE

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay was okay and decent.
    i met one normal person who is still my friend

Cons

No personal life
    -Fire you for no reason (they took my laptop away and said it had a virus so I could go home (fyi: took it away so i wouldn't take it home with me that day because they were having my agency fire me after i left) however, i figured it out quicker than it took the obese assistant to waddle down to me and tell me that.
    -you WILL get talked about and looked down upon if you don't attend company events... after starting there, i quickly realized that I did not want to associate myself with the weirdos that work there, so i never went
    -Everyone sleeps with each other
    -Worst training ever
    -Drinking on the job... and everyone slacking off without caring that it will force other people to stay late
    -everyone will tell your business and rumors spread like wildfire. I saw this happen to many respected employees

Advice to Management

Review your hiring staff... they refuse to hire anyone if there is a physical flaw so applicants better look top notch or they will talk crap about you. A few comments I heard a manager say, "she looked like she hadn't gotten her nails done in 2 weeks so I am not hiring her".Also asked "is he/she presentable?" before deciding if the older recruiters will even see them. The talent recruiters are ruining the potential of this company..