There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Most Rewarding Career Move!!!

Current Employee - Internal Projects  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Internal Projects in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous
Promoted within
Performance Based
High Energy
Open atmosphere
Collaboration among peers

Cons

I personally don't have any

My personal experience has been a great one with alliantgroup! I worked 6 years in the O&G industry and never once was I felt like my intelligence and ideas were appreciated. Every day I am listed to, challenged, rewarded and felt like I belonged.

Everyone's Journey is different and you can't compare the two. Reading negative things about this company, I'm disappointed. This company lets you grow within, you're voice is heard and is truly a transparent culture.

What you put into alliantgroup and your career here, is what you get out of it - I put in 100% and get 100% back! (Maybe even more with all the perks this company offers!!)

I appreciate everything that upper management has done - without all the Directors, VPs, COO & CEO - Our new lifestyle in our NEW building would not At All Be Possible!! Keep pushing your high performers. Keep listening, directing, mentoring - I've gained so much out of my career here. I guess I surround myself with people like myself and I've never heard anything bad - so to read such negative comments - is absurd.

I ABSOLUTELY Love it here, there is not one day I don't get up in the morning and feel excited to come to work. Every day is different, challenging, fun, and I honestly laugh every day and have made some AMAZING friends in the process.

Thank you all for making alliantgroup thrive in all of its worth! :) -DNA

125 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Contrived rah-rah culture forced by management onto employees, unprofessional and unethical

Former Employee - Tax Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong growth in the Company, opportunity for upward mobility, health and fringe benefits, including daily lunch stipend, free sodas and red bull, open team environment

Cons

Unprofessional management, strong growth leading to mismanagement of human resources and high turnover rates. Long hours. Pressure to bill hours, stretching the limits of ethical and moral bounds in work product and billing. High-stress. Very little professional conduct and compassion from management for employees.

Reward performance based on realistic expectations and take a stance on ethical and moral grounds to which performance and billing practices occur. There will be better work product and employees will be happier if there were more concern for the people there instead of focusing purely on performance and artificially inflated billable statistics.

Stay Away! Management is full of liars!

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

$5 for lunch, relatively good pay for recent graduates with no experience

Cons

Everything else about the company is a con. There is too much work to go around so everyone is overworked and works more than 12 hours a day usually (yes, even during "off-season"). They will tell you that everyone works more hours during tax season, but over the past three years, every day has become tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute. When you try to get help or explain your frustrations to management, they tell you that you really don't have that much work on your plate and you should be able to handle it. They are constantly promising that more new people are on the way to help out, but very few of the new people stick around. There is a constant revolving-door of employees because everyone gets overwhelmed and quits. Many people leave without another job lined up because they hate it so much and alliantgroup keeps them too busy to apply elsewhere. Every single employee is currently planning when and how they will leave this hell hole.

Don't even get me started on their unethical billing practices or the fact that every single good review on glassdoor is written by senior team members who management has coerced to write good reviews in exchange for their promotions.

No one at this company is happy. There is no work/life balance. Management has made it clear that they don't want anyone having a family or children because they only offer family benefits to senior level employees and higher (and most of them work 80+ hours/week anyway, so when would they have time for a family?)

Stop lying to your employees about the help that you are bringing in to reduce everyone's workload. Stop trying to convince them they have 10-20 clients apiece, when in actuality they all have between 30-60. Listen to your employees when they come in to your offices crying and screaming. THEY ARE UNHAPPY! Instead of trying to find a way to keep your employees, you have streamlined the process to transition client files once someone quits. Wise up and get a real business model to retain employees and keep them happy (i.e. lighten the workload per project manager and allow people to go home at a decent hour and stop expecting them to work from home every waking second).

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!