alliantgroup, LP

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Run away from Irvine, CA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

The only positive I can come up with is that the health benefits are good, however, there is no vision coverage.

Cons

Every review you are reading about Houston I disregarded because I was interviewing for Irvine. Sadly, Irvine is just as bad as the Houston reviews if not worse. It is the most unprofessional environment I have seen. Your career is better off at a different corporation.

Every hiring manager and director is on such a high power trip that the dysfunction it is creating will seriously have the firm in crumbles if something isn't done.

154 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Expect a lot of employee-churn; note: that means you'll be churned, too

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively easy to get hired with no background or experience; initial learning curve is steep but company has no expectations of you. Pay is not bad starting out.

Cons

Then the humiliations begin. Your performance will be tied to billable hours; that's right, no matter how much you work, if it ain't billable you won't get any raises or bonuses. Guess who decides what billable work you get? The people who do all the billable work. It's a rigged game. And the managers are making way to much money on the partnership model to give a crap how much churn there is at the bottom.

Like they'd listen.

The worst atmosphere and company culture I have ever seen. No matter how desperate you are, look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starting salary is low, but you will receive a 15%-20% raise in the first year or so, if you don't quit or get fired before then. Good health insurance.

Cons

Turnover here is something I have never seen before in my life. There are only about 10-20 employees that have been at this company for more than 2 years because everyone either quits or gets fired within a year. The reason behind this is that no human in their right mind can actually tolerate the abuse and "culture" of this company for more than a few months. The "high performance" culture is code for who the CEO and his cronies at the top like that week because they "get in front" of senior management to pander to them. You'll hear and see their favorite catchphrases around the office such as "take ownership", "high performance culture", "collaboration", "transparency", which none of the management actually abide by. As a project manager you will have four to five people emailing you and calling you about the same deadline. Also, you’ll spend 80% of your day filling out your Outlook calendar and study tracker and having meetings to “collaborate”, so, you won’t actually get any work done in the work week during regular work hours; that is what the weekend and late nights are for. Shout out emails go out every three days, or so, congratulating someone on their performance or short-lived promotion. Be prepared for hundreds of “great job” and “well done” reply emails. If you don’t respond, you’ll be viewed as not part of the culture. There will be these events every month or so called “Raves” where employees are pressured into performing nonsensical and embarrassing feats by the direction of the CEO. Alcohol and food are served, and I’m sure, several HR violations, as well. Management is atrocious; Employees are berated in front of peers on a daily basis; high pressure job where employees are disposable once they've burned out. The few in upper management dump all the work load on the associates below while they do nothing. No room for advancement in this company. Stay far away from alliantgroup even if you're sleeping on a park bench. There are other jobs out there.

As other reviewers have suggested, this company is too corrupted to ever improve. Perhaps if all of the upper management is fired and the CEO no longer has management control of the company, there's a possibility for a change. However, this is very unlikely.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP