There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

STAY AWAY, NEVER CONSIDER, A JOB AT "a"LLIANTGROUP.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They allow you to drink. Free SUGAR (Soda). Pay 100% Medical and Dental, if you last past 90 days.

Cons

While my time there was short, it is actually longer than most people. First off, work / life balance is non-existent, you are expected to work a minimum of 11-14 hour days Monday -Friday.. No matter how qualified you are, if you speak with any hint of an accent you will not be interviewed in person and will not be contacted by alliantgroup again. It does not matter if you have a PHD from Harvard and 5 years experience. Directors and favored employees will come into the office hungover or will not come in at all due to the fact. Directors will blame you for somthing they did so that the CEO and COO won't think that they dropped the ball. alliantgroup still participate in MASS EMAILS. With over 500 employees they will send emails out to everyone. I woke up one morning with over 120 emails on my phone congratulating some random person in another department... REALLY? Also there is no HR presence at alliantgroup, if you complain about something or have an issue, more than likely you will be fired. I witnessed first hand more than 4 people quit within a week of being hired (these are not teenagers, these people who quit have degrees from respected colleges) I was rewarded by upper management for going above and beyond (This incuded an email to my director and a gift card), I was never tardy, never called in, I was qualified for my position, never punished, never written up and never given a verbal warning of any kind. I was fired by alliantgroup (shocked) no later than 2 weeks after being rewarded. For why you ask? I asked the same question to my director. "Why?". I was given no response by my director or HR person and told that I would be walked out. This all took place a week before my insurance would have gone into effect, coincidence? I will never know. I do know that alliantgroup offers NO job security at all. Most people employeed by alliantgroup are activily looking for another job. Most of the complaints I heard while there were the hours, favored employees, under qualified directors, lack of training and no opportunities for growth. If you are in desperate need of a job, you are better of staying on your parents couch and looking some place different. NEVER FOLLOW, ALWAYS LEAD, WE DARE YOU. More like STAY AWAY, NEVER CONSIDER, A JOB AT "a"LLIANTGROUP. I never understood the little "a"...

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and do something productive. Give raises and promotions where they are due.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Contrived rah-rah culture forced by management onto employees, unprofessional and unethical

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong growth in the Company, opportunity for upward mobility, health and fringe benefits, including daily lunch stipend, free sodas and red bull, open team environment

Cons

Unprofessional management, strong growth leading to mismanagement of human resources and high turnover rates. Long hours. Pressure to bill hours, stretching the limits of ethical and moral bounds in work product and billing. High-stress. Very little professional conduct and compassion from management for employees.

Advice to Management

Reward performance based on realistic expectations and take a stance on ethical and moral grounds to which performance and billing practices occur. There will be better work product and employees will be happier if there were more concern for the people there instead of focusing purely on performance and artificially inflated billable statistics.

Stay Away! Management is full of liars!

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

$5 for lunch, relatively good pay for recent graduates with no experience

Cons

Everything else about the company is a con. There is too much work to go around so everyone is overworked and works more than 12 hours a day usually (yes, even during "off-season"). They will tell you that everyone works more hours during tax season, but over the past three years, every day has become tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute. When you try to get help or explain your frustrations to management, they tell you that you really don't have that much work on your plate and you should be able to handle it. They are constantly promising that more new people are on the way to help out, but very few of the new people stick around. There is a constant revolving-door of employees because everyone gets overwhelmed and quits. Many people leave without another job lined up because they hate it so much and alliantgroup keeps them too busy to apply elsewhere. Every single employee is currently planning when and how they will leave this hell hole. Don't even get me started on their unethical billing practices or the fact that every single good review on glassdoor is written by senior team members who management has coerced to write good reviews in exchange for their promotions. No one at this company is happy. There is no work/life balance. Management has made it clear that they don't want anyone having a family or children because they only offer family benefits to senior level employees and higher (and most of them work 80+ hours/week anyway, so when would they have time for a family?)

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees about the help that you are bringing in to reduce everyone's workload. Stop trying to convince them they have 10-20 clients apiece, when in actuality they all have between 30-60. Listen to your employees when they come in to your offices crying and screaming. THEY ARE UNHAPPY! Instead of trying to find a way to keep your employees, you have streamlined the process to transition client files once someone quits. Wise up and get a real business model to retain employees and keep them happy (i.e. lighten the workload per project manager and allow people to go home at a decent hour and stop expecting them to work from home every waking second).