alliantgroup, LP

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Hard work is a must

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provide lunch and dinner during tax season. "raves" occur a few times a year where alcohol is provided.

Cons

Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season. They pay poorly, no bonuses provided unless upper level, and promote within the company only when you put in 70 plus hour work weeks (weekends included).

Value every worker and show your appreciation to those who work hard, not just the favored one sin the company.

163 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Rewarded for rewarding work.

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a challenging, fast-paced, highly rewarding environment. I get the opportunity to find America's small and mid-sized businesses much needed tax refunds for them and, boy, are they grateful. I have had heard business after business tell me: "Thank you. We are really grateful for alliantgroup's effort because it allowed us hire additional employees or buy a new piece of equipment that is essential to our company's continues growth and success" And, it feels really good to hear how grateful these companies are. There aren't many companies out there that serve the heartbeat of the American economy, its small and mid-sized businesses; but alliantgroup is one that does so admirably. It is incredibly rewarding work.

While working here I found that my effort has never gone without being rewarded by alliantgroup. It is a true meritocracy! I have shown the aptitude and ability to excel at this company and I keep getting rewarded in different ways - raises, performance-based bonuses, discretionary bonuses, all-expense paid trips, gift certificates, and other perks.

This is the only company I have worked for that truly appreciate and cares for its employees. they cater food daily for lunch, provide health and dental care to all of its employees, and has hired a Director of Health and Wellness to educate its employees on fitness and nutrition, put on optional fitness classes, coordinate running/walking groups, etc..

I couldn't be happier!

Cons

The continued construction in our new building can be distracting.

Please continue to take care of and reward your employees.

You get what you pay for...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

This is a true meritocracy. I have never been at a more competitive company and I do not think one exists. I have measurable goals and realistic expectations here and it is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

This is not a "nine to five" place. Plus, you will work with a bunch of "know it all" grammarians, workaholics, and perfectionists...

Management needs to filter potential hires better. I have been a part of new/growing companies prior to alliantgroup... the message from day one was "remove 'this is not my job' from your vocabulary". alliantgroup does not make this point clear enough for new folks.

My advice to the alliantgroup decision makers, use the following:

"The alliantgroup experience is easy - work hard, reap rewards. If you start to coast, you will get left behind. If you want a true meritocracy, come see us.

If you think your credentials are a skeleton key to success, move along. We judge you on real, measurable performance metrics."

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP