Hard work is a must

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide lunch and dinner during tax season. "raves" occur a few times a year where alcohol is provided.

Cons

Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season. They pay poorly, no bonuses provided unless upper level, and promote within the company only when you put in 70 plus hour work weeks (weekends included).

Value every worker and show your appreciation to those who work hard, not just the favored one sin the company.

Other Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

The best decision I've ever made was to accept a position with alliantgroup, LP!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We help U.S. businesses every day! During the recent economic downturn, we heard story after story of the companies whose doors stayed open and kept employees due to the dollars we helped them receive! This is truly THE most gratifying job in the world!

Management and Senior colleagues are approachable and encouraging; everyone truly wants to see you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!!

An awesome new building in Houston with amazing views and lots of open space to collaborate with colleagues!

Cons

Don't come here if you don't want to grow! You'll be challenged on a daily basis to be your best!

DISSAPOINTMENT WAS SO YESTERDAY

Current Employee - I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

First off… No One told me to write this. This was triggered when I was interviewing a candidate; talent acquisition came to me and said that my candidate declined a second interview, I was shocked and disappointed at the same time because my skillset is very unique and only 3 other people in this company can do what I do. I questioned “Was it because I told him that this isn’t your typical “8a-5p” job?” She replied, “No, we got hit pretty hard on glass door.” So I went and read the reviews, with a doleful look and to my dismay I wanted to write to all you future, current and past alliantgroup employees.

These people on here are clearly disappointed. Disappointment and expectations go together. The greater your expectations are – the greater the disappointment (my candidate for example). Disappointment is a cousin of courage. Courage comes before the action, to be COURAGEOUS is to be prepared, to have faith in your abilities to succeed, to put aside doubt and fear when tackling the difficult, and to have an understanding of what our culture is like and reality – these people evidently did not understand our culture.

Disappointment plays a role in failure, and honestly that is why these people are not here. PERIOD. This is a high-performance culture, you either get it – or – you don’t. Even I have been told that I was not a “High-performer” but in my mind I am, did that let that stop me… NO! It made me want it more. That mentality is welcomed here and that is why I am still here and will continue to grow, because as much as I work on my professional growth, it strengthens my personal growth as well.

When you are coping with reality not being what you “hoped”, the quickest way out of your situation is to put the experience behind you. Blaming others and living in the past is reliving the pain and reinforcing it- in time you become bitter and cynical about your talents and your future.

To Current Employees: If you are unhappy – LEAVE. You deserve the best, this place isn’t for you, it’s ok, and you can leave, make room for people who do want to be here! Why collect a paycheck, why eat their food, why go on company outings (which is regularly), why participate on golf scrambles and trips and all the special things that they do for us? You people are the clear definition of “INSANE” because you are repeating the same action and expecting a different result or some miracle to happen and let’s be honest… you all are low-performers and it’s time pack up your nice desk, say good bye to the cool people you have met, the nice bonus’ that you get at the end of the year, the extravagant parties that you so much enjoy being part of. You’re bitter and cynical, the reason you are on board is because you do reap the ‘benefits’ that alliantgroup has to offer.

To Prior Disgruntled Employees: Your disappointment is on you and only you. It is clearly defined what our culture is, and you didn’t succeed. Bottom line. Own it. Change for the future. Lesson Learned (hopefully)

I have worked in the corporate and service industry for over 15 years. I have some credibility, I’ve been at the bottom and I’ve been at the top. I don’t always make sense, I mess up, I make mistakes and I’m stubborn…I’ve been told this by senior management myself. Stubborn people have an advantage when they channel their stubbornness into positive action. We simply refuse to give up, settle for less and keep trying! THAT is the type of person that needs to work here. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, make great friends, be around the prodigious people in this industry that we serve then this is for you.

I’ll leave with this: Disappointment belongs to YESTERDAY – to hold on to it is to invite future failure. Not having it your way 100% is life. To expect perfection in any form is denying reality. The reality is 1) you’re either unhappy and need to take responsibility of your future or 2) stop bad-mouthing a company in which you feel “disappointed” – Move On. It was SOOO YESTERDAY!

Great Health Benefits
    Lots of Perks
    Rewarded for good performance
    Based on a metric system of set deliverables
    Awesome vacation (can only take during certain months but it is a TAX company)
    Professional Growth
    Personal Growth
    If you don't fit in one place they will put you in another if you ask
    Work among highly intelligent motivated people
    Quarterly Team Building Outings

Cons

If you are looking for that 80-20 O&G work it's not for you this is 9-6, lunches and dinners paid for you. People who say they can't leave... BS, I leave to go walk every day - we are even building a gym in our building which I will be at every day.

Need to get with Talent Acquisition and make sure you all are on the right page. Houston is growing rapidly no reason we can't have amazing talent at alliantgroup. TA is now on the right path. Skill set and Culture is huge. Honestly you should look for people that have been in the "client service industry" while going through school.

They work hard, they are used to long hours and would be very appreciative of all the perks this company has to give.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!