You Get What You Put In

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-high performance environment -work with really intelligent individuals - you're always learning new things (my biggest fear is being bored so this has been the perfect company for me) -if you are passionate about what you do and put in the effort, you will be rewarded well -the culture (you develop strong friendships because of all the fun and engaging activities that the Company holds)

Cons

I've read through a lot of the reviews on here and although I am baffled by the negative ones, I can see how alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you want a job purely to check in, check out and float through life without being engaged- don't join this company. This is definitely not somewhere you go just to collect a paycheck and have a mind numbing day. You join this company if you want to really enjoy what you do, be engaged and like to be challenged. It's not a 9-5 job. There are some days you work longer hours and some days you work shorter hours but when you enjoy what you're doing, time flies by either way.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Absolutely Awful. How are those "big a" 's for ya?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays more because they know how awful it is to be there. Has a young, laid back crowd. Free food.

Cons

No professionalism by upper management. Can't learn a thing from upper management because they're all too busy talking bad about their employees and gossiping. Horrible training, direction, and support. You won't get noticed unless you stay until after 9:00. This company is seriously a joke. Everyone sleeps with each other, including upper management. It might sound good when interviewing, but don't make the mistake. 70% of people quit within a year of working here. Save your time.

Advice to Management

Advice? They don't listen to anybody except themselves.

Unprofessional in an unhealthy work environment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-During the tax season, they'll bring in good food from good restaurants for dinner and sometimes lunch - $5 lunch daily - Garage parking - free soda vending machines - fun parties (halloween costume party, christmas pod decorating party, etc)

Cons

- Management take advantage of the fact that they are higher up than you. They treat you like crap. - So much overtime hours. If you leave before 6:30pm, you'll get questioned as to why you "left so early" when your scheduled hours are until 6pm. - They'll rarely notice your work - unless you're a favorite. - Everyone WILL talk crap about you and those words will fly around QUICK - They'll hire anyone. I've met people who have a degree in Chemistry, Psychology, Art, etc and their job has NOTHING to do with what they got their degree on.

Advice to Management

I shouldn't be afraid of my supervisor. My supervisor is the one I am supposed to look up to and ask for help if I need help. Also, encourage your employees to do more instead of making them feel like they'll never be good enough for you. Help them with the things you want them to get done. Also, help your temps to become perms. If there's something you disslike about them, let them know so they can improve on it and become a perm within the company. Don't let them just hang there as a temp for more than their 90 days probation. If they've been with the company for more than 90 days, why not make them permanent? If you didn't like them, let them go before the 90 days is over.