There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

DISSAPOINTMENT WAS SO YESTERDAY

Current Employee - I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That in Houston, TX
Current Employee - I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

First off… No One told me to write this. This was triggered when I was interviewing a candidate; talent acquisition came to me and said that my candidate declined a second interview, I was shocked and disappointed at the same time because my skillset is very unique and only 3 other people in this company can do what I do. I questioned “Was it because I told him that this isn’t your typical “8a-5p” job?” She replied, “No, we got hit pretty hard on glass door.” So I went and read the reviews, with a doleful look and to my dismay I wanted to write to all you future, current and past alliantgroup employees.

These people on here are clearly disappointed. Disappointment and expectations go together. The greater your expectations are – the greater the disappointment (my candidate for example). Disappointment is a cousin of courage. Courage comes before the action, to be COURAGEOUS is to be prepared, to have faith in your abilities to succeed, to put aside doubt and fear when tackling the difficult, and to have an understanding of what our culture is like and reality – these people evidently did not understand our culture.

Disappointment plays a role in failure, and honestly that is why these people are not here. PERIOD. This is a high-performance culture, you either get it – or – you don’t. Even I have been told that I was not a “High-performer” but in my mind I am, did that let that stop me… NO! It made me want it more. That mentality is welcomed here and that is why I am still here and will continue to grow, because as much as I work on my professional growth, it strengthens my personal growth as well.

When you are coping with reality not being what you “hoped”, the quickest way out of your situation is to put the experience behind you. Blaming others and living in the past is reliving the pain and reinforcing it- in time you become bitter and cynical about your talents and your future.

To Current Employees: If you are unhappy – LEAVE. You deserve the best, this place isn’t for you, it’s ok, and you can leave, make room for people who do want to be here! Why collect a paycheck, why eat their food, why go on company outings (which is regularly), why participate on golf scrambles and trips and all the special things that they do for us? You people are the clear definition of “INSANE” because you are repeating the same action and expecting a different result or some miracle to happen and let’s be honest… you all are low-performers and it’s time pack up your nice desk, say good bye to the cool people you have met, the nice bonus’ that you get at the end of the year, the extravagant parties that you so much enjoy being part of. You’re bitter and cynical, the reason you are on board is because you do reap the ‘benefits’ that alliantgroup has to offer.

To Prior Disgruntled Employees: Your disappointment is on you and only you. It is clearly defined what our culture is, and you didn’t succeed. Bottom line. Own it. Change for the future. Lesson Learned (hopefully)

I have worked in the corporate and service industry for over 15 years. I have some credibility, I’ve been at the bottom and I’ve been at the top. I don’t always make sense, I mess up, I make mistakes and I’m stubborn…I’ve been told this by senior management myself. Stubborn people have an advantage when they channel their stubbornness into positive action. We simply refuse to give up, settle for less and keep trying! THAT is the type of person that needs to work here. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, make great friends, be around the prodigious people in this industry that we serve then this is for you.

I’ll leave with this: Disappointment belongs to YESTERDAY – to hold on to it is to invite future failure. Not having it your way 100% is life. To expect perfection in any form is denying reality. The reality is 1) you’re either unhappy and need to take responsibility of your future or 2) stop bad-mouthing a company in which you feel “disappointed” – Move On. It was SOOO YESTERDAY!

Great Health Benefits
Lots of Perks
Rewarded for good performance
Based on a metric system of set deliverables
Awesome vacation (can only take during certain months but it is a TAX company)
Professional Growth
Personal Growth
If you don't fit in one place they will put you in another if you ask
Work among highly intelligent motivated people
Quarterly Team Building Outings

Cons

If you are looking for that 80-20 O&G work it's not for you this is 9-6, lunches and dinners paid for you. People who say they can't leave... BS, I leave to go walk every day - we are even building a gym in our building which I will be at every day.

Need to get with Talent Acquisition and make sure you all are on the right page. Houston is growing rapidly no reason we can't have amazing talent at alliantgroup. TA is now on the right path. Skill set and Culture is huge. Honestly you should look for people that have been in the "client service industry" while going through school.

They work hard, they are used to long hours and would be very appreciative of all the perks this company has to give.

130 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Mean Girls Meets Wannabe Wolf of Wall Street

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

1. Free food. If you don't mind getting fat. Sometimes provided as many as 3 times a day. Which means without a doubt that your boss expects you to work through every meal.

2. The company "promotes transparency". Welcome to your glass cubicle, where everyone can and will be spying on you. Favoritism and snitching is not only valued but is promoted and initiated by supervisors.

3. If you are male, you might be given the opportunity for growth within the company. If you are female, you might be given the opportunity to move around within the company to various positions, but your career will definitely not see any growth.

Cons

Let me tell you a story…..

Poor little alliantgroup, forced to lie and con people into believing that this might be a great company to work for! This company is in cahoots with various staffing companies, so for your own sake, take heed of red flags. Also note, that when an employee of alliantgroup wins an internal award they are REQUIRED to write a positive review of the company online. Those will be the only positive reviews you will ever find about this company.

Red flag: You will be painted a picture that alliantgroup is the next "Google". That alliantgroup has a young fun culture; where the amount of time and effort you put in as an employee will directly impact your career. That your career is in your hands and you can make what you want of it. That drive and professionalism are valued characteristics. You might believe this for a while, but when you're done drinking the kool-aide, you will begin to see the truth. And trust me, the kool-aide always runs out….

Red Flag: Working for the firm in the Wolf of Wall Street would have been a more accurate description of this company. However, imagine that all of your supervisors are Regina George, but not nearly as pretty or skinny. Also imagine that all of their assistants are Gretchen Wieners, plotting how to get closer to their boss and how to get you out of the picture. Lastly, imagine you get paid a lot less. A LOT LESS. Now are you starting to see the picture?

Red Flag: The only people who are permanent/full time employees are those who are hired directly. If you were hired through a staffing agency you can bet ALL of your pretty pennies that you are temp-to-hire. Your agency will tell you to your face that you were hired directly, but once you try to turn in a time sheet, alliantgroup will tell you that you’re not, and you need to fill out the correct “temp-to-hire” timesheet. Welcome to the world of deception! Put nicely.

Red Flag: Should you chose to continue to work for alliantgroup as a temp-to-hire, under the assumption that they will honor your contract and hire you permanently upon its’ completion, assume otherwise. alliantgroup will not hire you, nor many others permanently because they don’t know when you will stop drinking the kool-aide. When you do start to see the reality of it all, should you choose to respect yourself and your career and stand up for yourself, they will fire you. And they certainly don’t want to have to pay you unemployment, disregard that you never had any benefits to begin with, that’s out of the picture.

Red Flag: You will have to beg for time off. You absolutely will have to beg for it, and if you get it, you will be made to feel guilt about it regardless of the fact that you are taking time off WITH OUT pay. Feel bad, you’re a baaaaad person!

Red Flag: Don’t get to close to anyone; if you do they will separate you. This will either happen by moving you to a new department, a different floor, or firing one of you.

BEST WORDS OF ADVICE:
    Interview at alliantgroup, there’s a 99% chance that you will be hired. Then use their offer as leverage to get a better job somewhere else.

For those of you who still choose to go ahead and “see what it’s like for yourself” to work at alliantgroup, Glassdoor will be here for you when it’s over and you desperately want some one to know the truth.

1. When you tell your employees that you have an "open door policy", you might want to add that this policy applies only to your favorite employees.
    2. The amount of bribes you dole out will never be able to keep the great employees from walking away.
    3. The amount of money you make does not equal the amount of success you have managing your employees.
    4. If you hired a person to do a job, you should expect that they can do it on their own. Otherwise why don't you just do both jobs if you're going to micromanage.

Absolutely Awful. How are those "big a" 's for ya?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pays more because they know how awful it is to be there.
    Has a young, laid back crowd.
    Free food.

Cons

No professionalism by upper management.
    Can't learn a thing from upper management because they're all too busy talking bad about their employees and gossiping.
    Horrible training, direction, and support.
    You won't get noticed unless you stay until after 9:00.
    This company is seriously a joke. Everyone sleeps with each other, including upper management.
    It might sound good when interviewing, but don't make the mistake. 70% of people quit within a year of working here. Save your time.

Advice? They don't listen to anybody except themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP