Fast paced environment that encourages hard work and high energy!

Current Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

I truly feel as if I learn something new every day. The work is always exciting and challenging. My colleagues are all smart, driven, and passionate. There is a culture of learning, accountability and teamwork. This is one place that I think is truly a meritocracy. Everyone is measured on the strength of their performance. Even after a few months, I felt that I was growing and strengthening my skill set. This is an excellent place to work if you enjoy pushing yourself.

work-life balance is certainly attainable if you prioritize it. We even have a Health & Wellness Director and numerous programs in place that encourage activity and stepping away from work for a bit.

Best of all, the management is incredibly supportive. I have never heard of another employer where the upper management will take time to personally help develop your skills, even as an entry level employee. If you show initiative and ask for guidance, you will not be refused. The opportunities for growth are huge here. I would recommend alliantgroup to any contacts who are hardworking, focused and looking to make a career.

Cons

This is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are looking for a boring desk job where you can surf the internet all day and have no real responsibilities, this is not the place for you. You will work long hours and late nights, however, I have never felt that my efforts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded.

Other Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

High Performance and Pro-active Attitudes Appreciated and Awarded

Current Employee - Associate Attorney  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The number one reason I enjoy working here is because the career opportunities are limitless. After only 4 months, I have already been promoted and am on my way to gaining even more experience and responsibilities. Throughout my entire time here, my supervisors have been very transparent and constantly let me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I can improve upon. I am an aggressive person and have always been a high performer and at the top of my class. This company rewards individuals who put in the work and who are dedicated to improving themselves. Another perk is that the company promotes collaboration so there is always someone who genuinely wants to help you and learn from you as well. Lunch is provided every day and so is dinner during tax season. I'm looking forward to learning more about this company and continuing to move up the ladder.

Cons

Tax law is a new area that I wasn't familiar with so I was a little nervous whether or not I would be successful at this job. However, there is a multi-week training course to teach you everything that you need to know and everyone enjoys helping you out and making sure you are comfortable with the material.

Glad I took the job. Ecstatic I left.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros? The people. Not upper management -- but the people in the trenches. They're the people who make it worthwhile to come to work. The people who make it a little less painful to have spent five waking hours with your spouse in the past week. The people you laugh with and learn from -- and when you leave, the people you hope make it out sooner rather than later.

(There's also free, secured parking, so you feel pretty safe going to the car, and it saves you $1200ish a year.)

Cons

Like many people, I've worked in food service. Like fewer people, I've also taught in an inner city school. So I thought I had safely put my worst jobs behind me.

How wrong I was!

If you've worked at alliantgroup for less than a year, this will ring false. "Opportunities are everywhere," you'll say. "This is a true meritocracy!" You'll talk about the parties at work, about the open and collaborative atmosphere, about how much everyone wants you to succeed.

I know. I said those things too.

Your first promotion comes within six months (that's the new model; at one time, you'd be there a year before you got promoted, but now they need warm bodies to take on new studies). It feels great. You get a raise, you're being rewarded for your good work, you believe in this firm and this cause.

And then.

You make a misstep. Or you don't. Your team director doesn't like you. Or management doesn't like your team director. You get promoted and then demoted. Or you're given flimsy reasons why you won't be promoted in the first place.

And at some point, you will look at the 50+ studies you manage and wonder how you keep all those balls in the air. You will look at yourself in the mirror and wonder where those gray hairs, wrinkles, and extra pounds came from. You will look at your relationship and wonder how it has even held up under the stress. And you will look at your life and wonder if it was always this miserable.

alliantgroup is a fine first job. It forces you to learn more than you thought was possible. You'll meet wonderful, smart, dedicated people. You'll make a real difference to the clients you serve.

And then you'll see those smart, dedicated people walk out the door in anger and frustration and heartbreak. You'll see those clients go underserved because you don't have the time to dedicate to each one. You'll still learn -- but you'll learn how not to manage subordinates, how not to motivate, how not to run a company that makes people want to be there.

You'll see passionate, smart people thrust into management roles with little experience and no real training, and you'll wonder why they don't know what they're doing. (Later, you'll understand exactly why.) You'll see people demoted publicly for no given reason. (You won't learn why.) You'll see yourself -- ranked with the other associates on an email blasted to the entire department, based on metrics that change by the week and don't correspond to reality. (You won't see senior associates and above, though. Those emails don't get blasted to everyone.)

And eventually you'll leave, and maybe you won't have another job. Maybe you will have another job, and you'll lie about where you're going because you know the retribution will be harsh. Maybe you'll end up in the Big Four. Maybe you'll run into former alliantgroupers in your new life, and you'll feel an immediate kinship because you've survived the same war, if not at the same time.

And then you'll laugh about how ridiculous those years were and remember how happy you are to be gone.

There is literally nothing I could say to upper management that would make them understand how much better life is on the outside.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!