alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com
  www.alliantgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

154 Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP (View Most Recent)

Glad I took the job. Ecstatic I left.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros? The people. Not upper management -- but the people in the trenches. They're the people who make it worthwhile to come to work. The people who make it a little less painful to have spent five waking hours with your spouse in the past week. The people you laugh with and learn from -- and when you leave, the people you hope make it out sooner rather than later.

(There's also free, secured parking, so you feel pretty safe going to the car, and it saves you $1200ish a year.)

Cons

Like many people, I've worked in food service. Like fewer people, I've also taught in an inner city school. So I thought I had safely put my worst jobs behind me.

How wrong I was!

If you've worked at alliantgroup for less than a year, this will ring false. "Opportunities are everywhere," you'll say. "This is a true meritocracy!" You'll talk about the parties at work, about the open and collaborative atmosphere, about how much everyone wants you to succeed.

I know. I said those things too.

Your first promotion comes within six months (that's the new model; at one time, you'd be there a year before you got promoted, but now they need warm bodies to take on new studies). It feels great. You get a raise, you're being rewarded for your good work, you believe in this firm and this cause.

And then.

You make a misstep. Or you don't. Your team director doesn't like you. Or management doesn't like your team director. You get promoted and then demoted. Or you're given flimsy reasons why you won't be promoted in the first place.

And at some point, you will look at the 50+ studies you manage and wonder how you keep all those balls in the air. You will look at yourself in the mirror and wonder where those gray hairs, wrinkles, and extra pounds came from. You will look at your relationship and wonder how it has even held up under the stress. And you will look at your life and wonder if it was always this miserable.

alliantgroup is a fine first job. It forces you to learn more than you thought was possible. You'll meet wonderful, smart, dedicated people. You'll make a real difference to the clients you serve.

And then you'll see those smart, dedicated people walk out the door in anger and frustration and heartbreak. You'll see those clients go underserved because you don't have the time to dedicate to each one. You'll still learn -- but you'll learn how not to manage subordinates, how not to motivate, how not to run a company that makes people want to be there.

You'll see passionate, smart people thrust into management roles with little experience and no real training, and you'll wonder why they don't know what they're doing. (Later, you'll understand exactly why.) You'll see people demoted publicly for no given reason. (You won't learn why.) You'll see yourself -- ranked with the other associates on an email blasted to the entire department, based on metrics that change by the week and don't correspond to reality. (You won't see senior associates and above, though. Those emails don't get blasted to everyone.)

And eventually you'll leave, and maybe you won't have another job. Maybe you will have another job, and you'll lie about where you're going because you know the retribution will be harsh. Maybe you'll end up in the Big Four. Maybe you'll run into former alliantgroupers in your new life, and you'll feel an immediate kinship because you've survived the same war, if not at the same time.

And then you'll laugh about how ridiculous those years were and remember how happy you are to be gone.

There is literally nothing I could say to upper management that would make them understand how much better life is on the outside.

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP