bebe stores

www.bebe.com

Overall, a great place to work

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGenerally clear directive, from their newsletter to the visual aides they provide. They do a good job of passing along information.
Relatively strong training program, including very detailed videos (though sometimes out of date) and corresponding quizzes.
GREAT benefits package that includes a PTO (personal time off) pool, equating to about 5 hours for every 2 weeks worked. This made it very easy to take necessary sick time, vacation time, and personal time.

ConsThe company seems to burn out people in the DM position. This causes stores to feel the burn out their DMs are feeling, causing unnecessary stress.
The commission program is only beneficial to those that work in large cities. They would do better in paying stylists a higher hourly wage, in smaller cities, so they can get better talent in the store or to keep their talent.
The Vice President, Susan Powers, is out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with the archaic clientele books that does nothing but annoy the unsuspecting customers who decide to be your "client". It doesn't work in smaller locations. This is an example of how Susan Powers is out of touch.

Being a Stylist is always a challenge and it really expands your skills when styling clients of all ages.

Stylist (Current Employee)

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros: The atmosphere is uplifting and fun. We take our work seriously but still have fun and are laid back when the time is right. And… Cons: Some clients can be pretty catty and rude and some… Advice to Senior Management: Study your store and know what you are talking about because the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hone your sales skills

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at bebe stores

Pros: Personal connection opportunities, versatility, understanding yet profit driven Cons: not very fulfilling, personally. can get boring. Advice to Senior Management: the management system is well in-tact More

There are newer reviews on bebe stores.

Worked for bebe stores? Contribute to the Community!