bebe stores

There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

Worth the Experience

Former Employee - Sales Manager
Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. The music and clothing provides a feel as though you are always getting ready to go to the club. Clients generally are shopping for things to go out partying with so they come in excited which makes it easier to sell even in a low volume location. Very good company structure in terms of recognition (for top stylists ONLY) Loss Prevention standards and visual merchandising. As well as operations and product look ups for clients. A good place to get an idea of high fashion in your early management career without the stress, product, and challenges of high fashion. One of the greatest things about this company is that recruiters (Gucci, BCBG, to name a few) always come into the stores looking for people who are ready (and i mean READY) to move up the hierarchy. Always stay on your A Game, you never know who is watching you.

Cons

The company has a price point that doesn't match the quality of the clothing by a long shot. Also internally they try to place themselves among other brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA as opposed to Zara which would make more sense based on the clients that are shopping there and the actual product reliability. Thus they miss out on the mid market that would bring them back to the top. They promote due to scheduling necessity as opposed to qualifications.

Pay your managers. I read the Glassdoor information on this company and took the position anyway for the title and the experience. On my way to a competitor who offered more money (serious factor) and work life balance, I found out that my replacement manager (someone promoted internally who I actually hired and trained as her first job) was getting paid 3 more dollars than myself when her only job experience was the year I was her manager. Stylists in higher volume stores make generally 250% more than managers do. People work for people and when they are undervalued they will leave you.

178 Other Employee Reviews for bebe stores (View Most Recent)

was okay liked my team

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good team. expect a lot but you also learn a great deal

Cons

clothes is expensive and you have to buy regularly

Fun Job as a Stylist!

Current Employee - Stylist in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Stylist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really love the mission of the company! Mingling with the clients and the location of the store. Great discount!!!!

Cons

The pay is ok with commission but if you don't make commission it's minimum wage. Advice: sell...sell...SELL!

No advice for management. Really great managers that I am working with which is refreshing!

There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores