Needs better Senior Management

Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stays ahead of the technology, fast paced.

Cons

Good place and pay but the company is struggling with Senior Management. Just a handful of Execs run the show. Mandatory PTO of 10 days and not enough benefits.

reviews filtered by
  1. Part-time work that builds character

Former Employee - Sales Stylist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Stylist in Austin, TX

I worked at bebe stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor ended up becoming one of my best friends. We're still friends, 7 years later. At the time, the clothing was that of a higher quality and felt and looked amazing on. I took pride in styling, there.

Cons

You have to work on holidays, and hardly make money. Most of your check goes towards the clothing there that they highly encourage you to buy. No room for growth.

My nearly eight years at bebe have been dynamic and empowering.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's the people that make bebe such a rewarding place to work. The fashion industry is fast paced and demanding and without the camaraderie of the people at bebe the work experience would not be the same. The compensation is competitive. bebe rewards good performance. I love that bebe is not too big of a company so that the senior executives know more junior memebers of the team. The benefits offered are the best that I have experienced. bebe does care.

Cons

The fashion industry is faced paced and bebe is even faster. If you are not used to working on short multiple deadlines then bebe may not be for you; however if you are up to the challenge the opportunities to grow in your field exist.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and offer more of the training that you have started to offer.

bebe stores Response

May 16, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Our size not only allows for being nimble but as you wrote, even the CEO knows our Associates by name and we frequently have discussions ... More