There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

Bebe is a very professional company that can teach an employee how things should be done in retail.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Aside from the great discount on quality clothing, bebe is a great company name to have on a resume. The company is highly respected in the retail world because of its professionalism, quality merchandise, and exceptional customer service. If you have that natural ability to sell, are hard working leader, and have drive to succeed, it is a great company to work for.

Cons

The work load given to management is very time consuming. During open hours, customers are priority. There is very little closed working hours to complete the tasks given, which, in my stores' case, became homework. Store statistics must be known well enough to discuss on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of numbers to remember. Like all retail stores in a mall, you must deal with shoplifters and difficult customers as well.

Advice to Management

The people I have known in the company that stayed for a long time did great at their job. Find more people like yourselves to work for the company and you will succeed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Generous employee discount
    Associates were fun to work with

Cons

TERRIBLE PAY!!!
    Micro management
    No real room for advancement
    Senior level managers live and breathe the company (get a life!)

Advice to Management

It really is hard to hold on to good people and managers when your pay is terrible and you don't promote from within
    Get over yourselves. bebe is not as high fashion as it thinks it is.

New York district only

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

Working on commision in the New York district is great because of the volume of sales. You can really make a decent living with good clients. I came from the Bay Area and everyone is great to work with including management

Cons

I came from the Bay Area and transfered out to the NYC so this review is based on NYC district alone. Because I was with the company for a while and at management level, the store would abuse my knowledge and have me doing all of the management responsiblities: training staff, floor sets, customer service issues, ect. yet they were not willing to promote (pay) me as a manager because I was going to school still. In most districts managers are able to balance school and work so I was very disappointed to find out NY would not allow it. The district is very out of touch with bebe's philosphy, a lot of their managers are out of place in the bebe environment, and the sales girls are very catty. It is not much of a team environment in this district.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open minded on your management staff and employees and your district wont be in reviews by the CEO