There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

Bebe is a very professional company that can teach an employee how things should be done in retail.

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Aside from the great discount on quality clothing, bebe is a great company name to have on a resume. The company is highly respected in the retail world because of its professionalism, quality merchandise, and exceptional customer service. If you have that natural ability to sell, are hard working leader, and have drive to succeed, it is a great company to work for.

Cons

The work load given to management is very time consuming. During open hours, customers are priority. There is very little closed working hours to complete the tasks given, which, in my stores' case, became homework. Store statistics must be known well enough to discuss on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of numbers to remember. Like all retail stores in a mall, you must deal with shoplifters and difficult customers as well.

The people I have known in the company that stayed for a long time did great at their job. Find more people like yourselves to work for the company and you will succeed.

154 Other Employee Reviews for bebe stores (View Most Recent)

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Generous employee discount
    Associates were fun to work with

Cons

TERRIBLE PAY!!!
    Micro management
    No real room for advancement
    Senior level managers live and breathe the company (get a life!)

It really is hard to hold on to good people and managers when your pay is terrible and you don't promote from within
    Get over yourselves. bebe is not as high fashion as it thinks it is.

Ummm?? I thought we got paid here!!!

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Stylist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

50% discout.
    Getting beauitful woman prepared for the world.
    The people you meet everyday.

Cons

Commision vs. hourly.
    Poor incompany Promotion.
    Higher up Management creates fear on the sales floor with their ability to never be satisfied.
    D.P.H (dollars.per.hour)

If you have a worker who is doing amazing look for a way to take that person to the next level. Find a different way to pay employees. I made the company $15k in one week $10k the next week a total of $25k. My check was $415 after taxes you feel lik your digging your way out of a hole here like you came in oweing money.

There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

Worked for bebe stores? Contribute to the Community!