blinkx

www.blinkx.com
  www.blinkx.com
There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Blinkx is a terrible place to work. Poor leadership and communication from management.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx

Pros

Cool technology and hot industry. It's also a good location in downtown San Francisco near the Ferry building.

Cons

The management is very poor leaders and just puppets to the primary investors. Also a very competitive industry so not a lot of upside. They structure your salary as such: 70% base salary and 30% bonus salary. That's true for all their employees! So for example say you agree to $100k salary in your offer. You'll only get a guaranteed 70k!

Get some management training and understand why the company has such a high turnover rate. All your employees are unhappy but you have no idea.

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Great company going places

Current Employee - Snack Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Snack Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really dynamic place, it is clear there is something going on behind the scenes. No one overly concerned about the latest results and are looking at the future.

Cons

The snacks are not that good, you coudl always do with longer holidays and I wish I had more options because they are going to be worth loads soon

Keep it up we are all behind you. The best company I have ever worked for and I started Apple witht hose other two guys.

blinkx Response

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review! You are a blinkx rockstar with over 10 years tenure! Blinkx is committed to continuing to develop a work environment that is diverse, collaborative, and encouraging ... More

Company targeting a niche market with a reducing opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pizza on fridays, flexible hours if you like to start at 11am, management just don't care.

Cons

office very far away from the subway, low salary compare to all the work and responsibilities asked to put on, lazy management: The director of marketing clearly prefer to take times off to play cricket (yes...) at least 2 times a weeks than spending time with its team to improve results.The motto "Lead by example" was clearly never heard off in this company.

Get your priority right, having a prestigious office downtown isn't gonna make the company better, nor is it going to improve your revenues.
    The company that was occupying our office before were around 30-40 people, we were less than 15 and management wants to move to a bigger office because you think this is too small?that Despite falling revenues because our business model sucks?
    Mangement should save on cost and invest in badly needed marketing and developing new channels instead of that management decide to rent an office right downtown Montreal which will cost 3 to 4 times what we are paying in current office.
    Then they decide to lay down tow of their best business developers to save on cost so they can move to a more prestigious office they clearly don't need...

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx