There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

The dips of the roller coaster are evening out.

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great colleagues. Great vision. A good, professional vibe. Right now I think I have a feeling that the stars are beginning to align and we're becoming a "normal" company.

Cons

A increasing feeling of disconnect from the product. I know the site is being redone, but it's taken forever to even acknowledge that it needed to happen. There is also silo-ization of the group by acquisition and product set. True, this could be overcome by the upcoming intranet, but it's a late and an internet was available through the Zango acquisition. It was sneered at.

It seems like most of the things that I think should happen are in the works. So I guess it's all about execution at this point.

72 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Lack of Direction

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. San Francisco Office next to Ferry Building
    2. Catered lunch (but only once a week)
    3. Some people who work there are very cool
    4. Total pay package is OK (but salary lacking)

Cons

1. They don't know who to hire for what positions. A couple of recent hires have just disappeared and I'm scared to ask why.
    2. Long term growth doesn't seem to be there with a lack of mobile advertising direction.
    3. YouTube is just superior in every way
    4. Load pay package with bonuses (which are attainable) but that means you are taxed at a much higher rate and you make less than if you would if they just paid higher base salaries.
    5. Stock options are worthless
    6. The smartest person at the company (C.O.O) is leaving the company, now there is no one smart enough to run it.

There is no communication to employees except for really big announcements (like the C.O.O leaving). No one knows what direction the company is heading in... new flash, it's down. 300+ employees and 10+ offices, that doesn't seem to be very smart.

HORRIBLE

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

Free lunches
    Coworkers are generally cool unless they're at mid-management or higher
    A fully stocked fridge and kitchen
    Pay is decent

Cons

Everything else. If you like working in a boring, stuffy work environment with management breathing down your neck at every step, this might be the place for you.

Listen to your employees. Realize that you don't actually know everything. Show your employees some respect and reward ingenuity and hard work instead of trying to bend them to your will.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!