There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Innovative Company, Best Staff in the Business

Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are very few companies where you never have to worry about bureaucracy. The new hire who is just learning the space has a voice at the same table as the CEO. There is never a dull moment and you are constantly challenged by your peers, your superiors, and internally. There is a reason why most of the employees have been here for years. At Blinkx we are more like a family and each of us take pride in adding to the success of this great company.

Cons

This job requires you to always be on top of your job. The internet never shuts down and neither do we.

More comfortable chairs.

72 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with.

Cons

No communication - upper management shares nothing.

See above.

Fun, collaborative environment filled with intelligent people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

blinkx so far has lived up to all of the expectations that I had for it. It is rare to find a company that is able to accurately articulate the type of work environment and culture that is present there, and even rarer still to find a company that delivers exactly what they said they would. Employees have a lot of opportunity, right from the start, to make significant contributions to projects and the company. Success seems to be measured by results. Micro-management doesn't slap you in the face everyday. Each employee can leave work feeling like they've contributed something. Great location in downtown SF, right near the Embarcadero.

Cons

blinkx, for the most part has not been an early adopter of new technologies. However, some of the new projects are/will be using technologies that are on the bleeding edge. It seems like that trend is turning around.

The company doesn't have immediate name recognition with some people, but I do honestly feel that soon blinkx will be a household name.

Keep the website fresh, implementing new technologies along the way as they fit into the bigger picture. Most companies these days are redesigning their sites every 1-2 years, even if it mainly cosmetic. Launch a social media campaign, and maintain a presence and following on social media sites like FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+. Right now social media campaign = non-existent. Build the hype!

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!