There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

small issues but overall great environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-blinkx is growing
-Supportive upper management
-Competitive Salary
-Thursday lunches, lots of snacks/beverages for free

Cons

-Growing pains comes with some confusion for employees on their roles. Makes sense though based on recent acquires (burst, etc)
-Not flexible on work schedules (typical m-f, 8:30 - 5:30 type job). Should allow to work from home or summer fridays like many other companies with similar environment

Continue with Monthly meetings regarding company updates (we just started this, but hoping it does not go away). Bring back happy hour Fridays (let us drink in the office!). Be more flexible about working from home.

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Growing, learning, rewarding.

Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of room for growth within the company--they truly do promote from within. Very positive laid back work atmosphere with intelligent hard working peers and superiors. Responsibilities and goals are well communicated and I'm given autonomy to take care of those responsibilities how I see fit without micromanagement. Good benefits, competitive salary, growing company which is poised to continue to provide more opportunity in the future.

Cons

Not quite as lax as some SF companies with regards to flex time or the ability to telecommute. The extremely quick rate of growth we have been experiencing can lead to confusion regarding the redefinition of roles moving forward, but that's not a bad problem to have.

I'm very happy here, but the one area that leaves me wanting is that the hours are long and are not based on current work load but rather are just fixed. Flex time would be a significant morale boost as would sanctioned telecommuting as there seems to be no reason not to implement more telecommuting. The job can be done from anywhere and again would boost morale to provide employees with more freedom and would improve work/life balance.

Easily the most laid back and self-rewarding company I've worked at

Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Blinkx is a company that is both fiscally stable and maintains a roster of the smartest people in the industry. It's the type of company where you are rewarded for your production/input. The pay, benefits, and company culture is amazing, and is almost too fun at times.

You have the potential to earn more than any other company I've seen, and those efforts are noticed...Brian knows my name personally and what I've contributed. He seems to go out of his way to make sure personally knows everyone possible open door policy at all times. If you come in with the right attitude, you'll be compensated far beyond what I've seen any other ad network or entertainment company

Also, NBA Jam Tournament Edition is an excellent thing to have in any office

Cons

Like any company that leaves your experience and compensation entirely in your hands, you have a mix of attitudes - war heroes, gossip/social butterfly types, disgruntled about expected earnings, sharks, "class clowns," etc (typical 8 types of employee mindsets).

If you're the type of person who isn't self-motivated and willing to make your position your personal business...it might not be the place for you. My role is one that basically makes me a business within a business, and I couldn't be happier about

A lot of the posts that are negative seem to be from people who came in expecting to get the A treatment regardless of their work, or felt micromanaged during their tenure.

Keep the company culture as is, and continue down the path we're on.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx