blinkx

www.blinkx.com
  www.blinkx.com
There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

small issues but overall great environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-blinkx is growing
-Supportive upper management
-Competitive Salary
-Thursday lunches, lots of snacks/beverages for free

Cons

-Growing pains comes with some confusion for employees on their roles. Makes sense though based on recent acquires (burst, etc)
-Not flexible on work schedules (typical m-f, 8:30 - 5:30 type job). Should allow to work from home or summer fridays like many other companies with similar environment

Continue with Monthly meetings regarding company updates (we just started this, but hoping it does not go away). Bring back happy hour Fridays (let us drink in the office!). Be more flexible about working from home.

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Energizing place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for the company for over 2 years and not a day goes by when I do not feel energized! Management team provides a great atmosphere, charges the employees moral by positively communicating with them. Overall this is a great company to work for!

Cons

This may not be your typical 9-5 job.

I can not think of any off the top of my head. I enjoy my job!

Growing, learning, rewarding.

Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of room for growth within the company--they truly do promote from within. Very positive laid back work atmosphere with intelligent hard working peers and superiors. Responsibilities and goals are well communicated and I'm given autonomy to take care of those responsibilities how I see fit without micromanagement. Good benefits, competitive salary, growing company which is poised to continue to provide more opportunity in the future.

Cons

Not quite as lax as some SF companies with regards to flex time or the ability to telecommute. The extremely quick rate of growth we have been experiencing can lead to confusion regarding the redefinition of roles moving forward, but that's not a bad problem to have.

I'm very happy here, but the one area that leaves me wanting is that the hours are long and are not based on current work load but rather are just fixed. Flex time would be a significant morale boost as would sanctioned telecommuting as there seems to be no reason not to implement more telecommuting. The job can be done from anywhere and again would boost morale to provide employees with more freedom and would improve work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx