A good learning experience

Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

Cons

Training, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

Advice to Management

It was great working with you all.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good overall but could use some improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, compensation is good (if you're a manager or higher or have been there a while), kitchen is always full of food, so it's like free breakfast and lunch, beer days, morale events here are fun and engaging, free parking, co-workers are cool, they really do promote from within, and lots of flexibility and autonomy.

Cons

-Some upper management are better than others (some don't listen or ignore your suggestions altogether, but there are some that are open to new ideas), not proactive with increased compensation, there was a reorg recently that have embittered some people, no 401(k) matching, and while some people can telecommute, it's largely discouraged.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees more. Based on the opinions of the employees and myself, we feel that the company is not transparent enough and everything is always so secretive. Also, listen to your employees; they're the backbone of the company and have good intentions for the company.

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

Cons

Since the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.