blinkx

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

Cons

There have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Set up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

A good learning experience

Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

Cons

Training, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

It was great working with you all.

Good overall but could use some improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, compensation is good (if you're a manager or higher or have been there a while), kitchen is always full of food, so it's like free breakfast and lunch, beer days, morale events here are fun and engaging, free parking, co-workers are cool, they really do promote from within, and lots of flexibility and autonomy.

Cons

-Some upper management are better than others (some don't listen or ignore your suggestions altogether, but there are some that are open to new ideas), not proactive with increased compensation, there was a reorg recently that have embittered some people, no 401(k) matching, and while some people can telecommute, it's largely discouraged.

Communicate with your employees more. Based on the opinions of the employees and myself, we feel that the company is not transparent enough and everything is always so secretive. Also, listen to your employees; they're the backbone of the company and have good intentions for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx