There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

blinkx: "Comfy Corporates" need not apply

Former Employee - Ex-Blinkx Employee
Former Employee - Ex-Blinkx Employee

I worked at blinkx

Pros

A great team of hardworking, personable and social people.
Hot industry, cool technology
Management allow autonomy and control to those who show to be committed, capable and trustworthy
A fantastic product set, which attracts new customers easily, which brings with it job satisfaction, and handsome financial rewards which are easily achieved by those prepared to put the work in.
Management are (despite so many neg reviews) very supportive and open to ideas, and open change, especially to those who have proved capable, consistent, clear, concise and hardworking.
Backed with finance and expertise from some of the most successful people in the FTSE100 software markets.

Cons

Small, cramped office space
Lacking in time and resource, 100% of the team work long hours, are all tired, worn out, and need more people to help them do their jobs effectively without complete burnout.
blinkx will not appeal to those looking for a 'comfy corporate'
A pretty grim place for developers looking to get into the zone.
Hot tempered management.

Improve internal communications regards commercial strategies as they happen
Avoid shouting at employees in front of entire teams. A public outburst completely shatters what it likely to be a highly valuable employee which you cannot afford to loose. Those who witness it will question the strength/skills of management and jump on it to create negatives messages throughout the company. If you really feel the need to shout at someone, just do it in a private office, you will be respected for it.
Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing - it's all good

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Great perks, some instability

I worked at blinkx

Pros

Small office with a relaxed atmosphere and great group of employees. Challenging work and an opportunity to learn a variety of areas

Cons

Some instability, including high turnover. Not a lot of room for advancement

blinkx Response

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for the review. Blinkx does provide great benefits to its employees and we are glad you agree! Our company has become more efficient and strategic in the past year, which comes with changes ... More

Great Company!

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working environment with flexible work life balance, which is good for my family life. Good pay and benefits. I really feel part of the team, and it was clear my work is appreciated and my hard efforts do go rewarded.

I have found my team leaders/management to be both responsive and helpful. So am not sure why so many reviews here are so negative.

Blinkx has many exciting products and is being well lead by senior management (even if the current mood of investors is very negative towards the company, it is not so for those of us working here).

Cons

Expect employees to work hard. So if this is not you then you may find life hard.

Keep up the good work. I expect our hard work will bear fruit shortly.

blinkx Response

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you feel part of the team! We strive to create a great team that works together. Our challenges make us stronger and as you ... More

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx