There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

THE worst possible place to develop your career.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

There is no good reason to work for blinkx, you will be expected to work long hours for peanuts.

Cons

The company is propped up like a fancy magic act. Lots of smoke and mirrors. They promise software that can turn the audio in a video clip and make it searchable. The software they use for this, from their parent company Autonomy, does not work. These people employ more lawyers than actual engineers. Suranga is bi-polar, some days he's pleasant, most days he's a jerk that will use his Cambridge education to insult you. The CTO Matt is better suited to be a comedy writer than to lead any engineering team.

Advice to Management

Find a bridge and jump off it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's incredible blinkx is still around

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx

Pros

I could have stared out the window for hours.

Cons

I couldn't wait to jump out that window. It's amazing that you can find some of the most despicable people in the industry, lump them together, and put them at the helm of a software company. There is absolutely no upside working for blinkx. The CTO is inept and has no management skills. The CMO keeps the fake hype floating, the COO isn't afraid to show preference certain folks, and don't get me started on the CEO. Wow, he needs to go to therapy to fix his feelings of inadequacy.

Advice to Management

Take some business and management courses at the local community college.

Is it the same company they are reviewing?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

Excellent remuneration Opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology A great bunch of people Good career development and a sense of progression

Cons

Bitter ex-employees posting whacked out reviews (see anywhere on this page) The free Friday lunch (nice idea but could be better!) Long hours

Advice to Management

More transparency as to long term plans would be nice and better PR. The product we are building is awesome but it's a bit demoralizing when few people I meet even know what Blinkx is.