There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

I'm so glad this place is behind me, wish I never joined

I worked at blinkx

Pros

The senior managers have really cool accents. It’s like working for a mean little Hugh Grant. If you like senior managers who are bad at managing but have really cool accents, then you’ll love it here.

Most middle managers and peers are good people. Their morale is low, but they’re good people.

Cons

The work environment is the worst. Senior management sees themselves as brilliant wiz-kids and all employees as vermin. Employees are disrespected and constantly reminded of their expendability. Folks are scared of the penalties of a bad decision so they don’t make decisions on their own. Their fear keeps them from investing any time in helping out fellow peers, it’s all about protecting yourself.

It’s just no fun to be treated so poorly and seeing people you respect being treated even worse. There’s an uncomfortable, depressing feeling everywhere, in meetings, in conversations, in work habits that all stem from the awful senior management.

It’s probably too late. No one from senior management understands good leadership. B-slap the top five and replace with smart, respectful, experienced leaders and maybe there’s hope.

72 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

If you're thinking of applying for a job here, you may want to think again.

I worked at blinkx

Pros

Conceptually a great service, unfortunately not so great in reality.
    Some (but not all) wonderful co-workers, who give, and give, and give.
    Generally fair pay.

Cons

Paranoid, egotistical management, with poor people skills.
    Disorganized, lots of balls being dropped, in generally all departments.
    Low morale, many employees who would normally leave this company feel stuck because of the poor economy.

Needs an overhaul top down, especially at the top, but may be too late for that - doubtful if Blinkx could attract the right kind of management talent now.

Good Fun, Fast Paced

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at blinkx

Pros

I found the company a challenging and fast paced environment to work in. With new projects constantly coming up and very much at the leading edge of what technology can offer in this space.

Cons

Being a fast paced industry means that on the down side the place can be a little caotic or manic, some days crazy. You also have to scream to be heard and sometimes your voice drowns.

Listen to the troops and be less quick in dismissing their thoughts. some great material comes from us and can make the company more successful. Also communicate more.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!