blinkx

www.blinkx.com
  www.blinkx.com
There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Lot's of autonomy and perfect job for the self-starter who doesn't need a lot of supervision

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

there's a lot of ears open when you voice your opinion. You have the freedom to really branch out and take on whatever role you'd like to take. If you have initiative, you can pull in other employees from other departments or divisions to really make a difference..

Cons

The industry is very fast face and ever changing. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with all the changes.

Keep looking out for the A players who are looking to take on more, and make sure they're recognized and noticed for their contributions.

Jul 15, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with blinkx.

78 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

Used to be a nice place to work, not so much anymore.

I worked at blinkx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, decent healthcare, flexible schedule. That's really about it, I would say people, but the smart ones are running for the door.

Cons

Prepare to be underpaid if you come work here. Blinkx promises to pay a 'bonus' instead of paying employees fair market value, they make up the difference with this 'bonus' and then fail to pay it, it's a scam. Forget about moving up or improving your career, when I asked about the promotion I'd been promised for years, I was told point blank that it would NEVER happen. How's that for leadership?

Stop having meetings where you just brag about how much money you're making and actually pay your employees, setup a 401k match, hire people to fill the quickly emptying seats, and also figure out a single unifying plan for the company instead of the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach. Stop issuing stock options to only your senior executives and start issuing them to your employees that actually get work done again. Not that the stock is worth anything anymore.

Aug 5, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and comments regarding employment at blinkx. We take this forum and comments made, very seriously. I invite you to contact us directly at ... More

You'll gain experience here.. because you literally have to think on your feet and fix everything that breaks each week.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work-life balance is great, making your own hours, even though you're expected to work weekends... The office culture is split into two. Once someone has pass the 4/5 year mark, you're in with the "good ol boys" group. Free snacks in the kitchen... nothing but junk food. Want to learn a new skill in a hurry? Great because there's always something that's been broken for weeks...years... and it needs to be fixed now.

Cons

Please read the comments below the last 3. True wisdom is there and please run.. RUN. You're on your own after a few months. Not much help or praise is given, a half smile "good job" here or there or "thanks". Then back to work. You're paid next to nothing, and they know it- this is something they're proud of! It's an office full of desperation.... While you look at your co-workers in pity knowing all the hard work they put in for the less than measly pay given. Expect yearly cuts in any bonus, mbos, etc. Forget about an increase in salary or growing with the company in any way shape or form.. except for when others start to leave. They won't hire someone to replace them.... That's now your responsibility. Expect to wear many hats and deal with "that's not my job" and "we have to get this done so stay late" types in the office.

Validate your employees hard work. Pay them what they're worth. Be loyal to them and the favor will return.

Jul 10, 2014Human Resources

I am sorry you are having a negative experience at blinkx. Over the past 10 years we have worked tirelessly to make this a great place to come to work. We are extremely proud of the company and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx