city of redwood city

www.redwoodcity.org

Good line managers, but upper level management has a ways to go

Administrator (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe line managers and support staff are good. Overall, benefits are very good. Salaries lower than commensurate-level private sector jobs, but that's to be expected.

ConsSome department heads are not as invested in outcomes & day-to-day workings of their departments as they should be, given that it's a reasonably small organization. Upper level management is about 50% -- some are "working" department heads and know their divisions well, others rely too heavily on line staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, you have to play politics -- it's part of working at a small City Hall. At the same time, you need to consider appropriate Customer Service for your citizens -- and professional growth for your staff. More work is needed on both counts.

Redwood City is a GREAT City to work for!

Community Services Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at city of redwood city full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people, forward thinking, innovative and always looking to improve. Cons: Job turnover is low so not a lot of chance for advancement. Budget climate means for lack of raises over very long periods… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

City of Redwood City

Engineering (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at city of redwood city full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good environment, progressive management, positive attitudes all around Cons: Can't think of any bad stuff! Advice to Senior Management: Can't think of anything negative Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on city of redwood city.

Worked for city of redwood city? Contribute to the Community!