comScore

www.comscore.com
  www.comscore.com
There are newer employer reviews for comScore

comScore is smart but not perfect

I have been working at comScore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Top notch clients- top notch co workers - learning a lot - a company with a lot of bright people- I really like working for comScore- even if I have some very big cons.

Cons

Long hours- low pay and client expectations are not set correctly. No one ever tells a client no. Speaking up is not welcomed. You feel like things aren't open and available to most people. Little to no room to advance.

Allow people to speak up- a lot of great people are at comScore - let them shine.

137 Other Employee Reviews for comScore (View Most Recent)

Product Manager Summer Internship

Former Employee - Product Manager Intern in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Product Manager Intern in Reston, VA

I worked at comScore part-time (less than an year)

Pros

People were helpful
    They treat their interns well
    High probability, IF YOU NETWORK WELL, of converting into full-time

Cons

NEED to network well, not just do your work well.

A Big Disappointment

I worked at comScore full-time

Pros

All I could come up with is:

1. Work with "big name" companies.

2. Work with "real time" data.

... it's a short list, I know.

Cons

1. Very cliquish; difficult to "break in" to the group. Some long-time employees treat you with disrespect because you're "the new guy" so I found it very difficult to fit in.

2. While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it. You're to be "plugged in" all the time. They want you online on your company-issued laptop and they "strongly encourage" you to set up your work email on your personal cell phone, too. It basically becomes a 24-hour per day job.

Get an email at 2:15AM? You better answer it! If you wait until you get to the office in the morning, you'll be questioned about why you didn't answer it, lectured as to how important it is that you be "in the loop" and then

3. Telecommuting is offered, but there definition is a little different. They'll let you work from home, but that's after a 10+ hour day of working in the office.

4. Talent flight. I would hear the conversations in the break room or cafeteria of people who were openly complaining about the environment and their desire to leave as soon as they can. I wasn't surprised when I would hear that so-and-so had left to work for another company.

5. Rumor mongering! Goodness gracious but there was always someone talking about someone else! Now that I think about it, this is tied to Cons #1....

6. Questionable practices and methodologies. They are in a competitive market but I saw "smudging of numbers" -- "Is that a 1 or a 7? Let's see how it works out with both and go with the one that gives us the best answer!"

I wouldn't even dare to give them any advice. They already have all the answers; and, if they don't, they'll make them up as they go along and hope it works out.

There are newer employer reviews for comScore