comScore Rocks!!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great company culture Flexible work/life Highly Innovative company Highly engaged with teaching employees new skills Transferable skill set to any online company

Cons

Not enough staff Growing pains of becoming more regulated as a Public company

Advice to Management

Don't overlook the infrastructure needs of your Human Capital to continue making comScore successful.

Other Employee Reviews for comScore

1. comScore is a good place to work if you are in the rank-and-file; frustrating if you are more senior..

Pros

Well-recognized name, healthy business, some very smart people can be found in the ranks.

Cons

Sr. leadership is out of touch, managers are not empowered to make decisions

Advice to Management

listen, back off and let people do their jobs.

2. Good pay and fun company

Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA

Pros

It is a fun place to work and there are a lot of smart people. The company is public and has a lot of resources to use in buying companies. They also are willing to invest in the engineering and qa teams. I worked in the engineering team for a few years and thought it was a job where you can learn a lot. The leadership of the engineering team, including the CTO and vice president of engineering are a clown show, but if you like bozo, you would be fine with them. The company is fun to work at.

Cons

The management yells at the employees and doesn't understand basic motivation skills and should probably take a class on how to motivate people. The guys running the company, such as the CEO and president are smart smart smart and know how to make a company successful. From everything I heard, they have built 4 companies that have been successful between them. They are really good to work for and, when they take the time to visit with the technology teams, they know how to let us in on the business and help us in seeing why we are working so hard. I wish we could spend more time with them because they do know how to motivate people.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and learn how to listen to people that work for you. For the executive people I would say the only feedback is to look at the technology leadership and make certain you know what is going on in there. You are spending a lot of money on the engineering effort and it would be a bad thing if this bad leader we are dealing with would cause you to lose good people. Is there some coaching program you can provide for them? One example is when I had to go to renew my visa and they would not let me do this without giving me a hard time.