dd's DISCOUNTS
ddsdiscounts.com Pleasanton, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Fast-paced, discount retailer, with some growth within company

Retail Associate (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS

ProsYour day goes by fast, because you are always so busy. This company has high expectations for you to produce. Lots of customer contact. But, typical retail company, hires mostly part-time employees with typically five hr shifts. So, there is not a lot of potential to earn a big paycheck. There are full-time employees but they don't get an increase in pay. However, the benefits are good. Health and dental are awesome!

ConsSince this is a discount store people have no problem trashing the store and destroying merchandise. It is not uncommon to go into one section of clothing, say woman's tops, and finding 15 shirts on the floor. You can't let it bother you. You just have to deal with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore full-time position please. Also, 15 hours a week does not qualify as a part-time job. That is a hobby, not a job.

Communication is up to the employee, voice ur concerns & be persistent if you really believe in ur cause!!

Shortage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS

Pros: the DISCOUNT! Our management and coworkers are fun and hard working. It's a great work experience that teaches team work and customer service at its… Cons: The district manager is less than favorable. Sometimes things don't make complete sense to me and my coworkers, but a lot of those nonsense decisions… Advice to Senior Management: Productive Feedback is a must! Recognizing a job well done is an essential key to satisfied, harder working employees!! Large… More

Half the time didn't reall know what was going on with the lack of communication.

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS

Pros: The clothes discounts and benefits Cons: Very rude enviroment rude managers Advice to Senior Management: Communicaton is key More

There are newer reviews on dd's DISCOUNTS.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dd's DISCOUNTS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for dd's DISCOUNTS CEO Michael Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by dd's DISCOUNTS employees.