dd's DISCOUNTS

ddsdiscounts.com

Fast-paced, discount retailer, with some growth within company

Current Employee - Retail Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Retail Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Your day goes by fast, because you are always so busy. This company has high expectations for you to produce. Lots of customer contact. But, typical retail company, hires mostly part-time employees with typically five hr shifts. So, there is not a lot of potential to earn a big paycheck. There are full-time employees but they don't get an increase in pay. However, the benefits are good. Health and dental are awesome!

Cons

Since this is a discount store people have no problem trashing the store and destroying merchandise. It is not uncommon to go into one section of clothing, say woman's tops, and finding 15 shirts on the floor. You can't let it bother you. You just have to deal with it.

More full-time position please. Also, 15 hours a week does not qualify as a part-time job. That is a hobby, not a job.

Other reviews for dd's DISCOUNTS

Communication is up to the employee, voice ur concerns & be persistent if you really believe in ur cause!!

Current Employee - Shortage Prevention Specialist  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Shortage Prevention Specialist in Fresno, CA

Pros

the DISCOUNT! Our management and coworkers are fun and hard working. It's a great work experience that teaches team work and customer service at its toughest times. I have had no problem with my voice being heard, but I am assertive and I make points that are productive to my job title. Helpful feedback will always be heard by management and are welcomed.

Cons

The district manager is less than favorable. Sometimes things don't make complete sense to me and my coworkers, but a lot of those nonsense decisions are made by the corporate office and not my store manager or district manager. The district manager has made a few changes every once in a while to our store that are idiotic, but he has to look productive so sometimes he just throws thoughts out there without thinking them completely through. It is up to the store manager to stand up for themselves and do what is best for their store (not always their behind).

Productive Feedback is a must! Recognizing a job well done is an essential key to satisfied, harder working employees!! Large companies should always recognize excellent job performance in order to keep up morale. Give a little to get a lot!!

Half the time didn't reall know what was going on with the lack of communication.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The clothes discounts and benefits

Cons

Very rude enviroment rude managers

Communicaton is key

There are newer employer reviews for dd's DISCOUNTS.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!