dd's DISCOUNTS
ddsdiscounts.com Pleasanton, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Something different everyday!!!!

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Vallejo, CA

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for less than a year

Pros- Benefits
- A job is a job!
- Cool coworkers you may develop long-term friendships with
- Again I say: Something different everyday! The job doesn't really get boring since it's never too routine!
- Flexibility. You may apply for one position but are allowed to work multiple if you request it.

Cons- Ratchets. 'Nuff said.
- It may be a Discount store BUT customers still try to find their way to either steal from the store or to be able to get things for much cheaper than they already are!
- Requirement for fast-paced check out is hard to achieve when customers take their time deciding on what they should get and not having their cash ready by the time you give them their total.
- Store gets busy real often! Especially on holidays & weekends!
- Some coworkers may be carry out their own weight. i.e. slacking off leading to others having to put in DOUBLE the amout of efforts!

Advice to Senior Management- Improve management communications! I hate having to make sure consistently with different people in management about my schedules/extensions etc.! Just to have another manager whining at me about the same thing still!
- Update the registers!!!! They are too old, laggy. And dysfunctional! There's always at least ONE problem with them nowadays! Technology is only advancing! Keep up with it!
- Have your supervisors & assistant managers improve on letting the associates onto their breaks & lunches on time! Stop putting it off just because the store is "too busy!" Our lunches & breaks are written as part if the LAW! Follow it if you don't wanna be sued!

TERRIBLE

Retail Associate (Former Employee)
Santa Fe Springs, CA

I worked at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for more than a year

Pros: Met a lot of great people. Cons: Management needs to take full responsibility for the flaws Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect and do your duties all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't work too hard.

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for more than a year

Pros: The work is not difficult. Easy tasks no real training.… Cons: Management is not effective cost cutting usually means less people closing and more work for everyone. Lack of appreciation for employees. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Try to care about employees. Whats the point of doing a survey… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on dd's DISCOUNTS.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dd's DISCOUNTS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for dd's DISCOUNTS CEO Michael Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by dd's DISCOUNTS employees.