dd's DISCOUNTS
ddsdiscounts.com Pleasanton, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Hostility from customers and management

Retail Associate (Former Employee)
Chino, CA

I worked at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is very flexible with availability. There were times were I could only work weekends or certain times of the day and they would worked around that. Also the employee discount of 20% and on certain days 40% were really great.

ConsSince the company is a discount retail store that serves at a lower income bracket the customers have a tendency to be more aggressive and abusive toward customers. During my time there I was repeatedly threatened or cursed at on a regular basis by customers. Due to Obamacare coming into affect soon the company began restricting everyone to work under 25 hours a week, but to be safe they restrict everyone to under 20. The amount of work expected by a sole individual is very unrealistic. It is common that the work normally done by a team of 3 to 4 people is now given to one person.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very hands off. The managers had a tendency of remaining in their office. I would have enjoyed working alongside them more in the front registers or on projects. In additions they were very rude and condescending at times and I noticed that this sense of hostility went all the way up the corporate ladder during visits from the district and regional managers. I would advise all management to rethink on how they talk to each other and their associates.

Something different everyday!!!!

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Vallejo, CA

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for less than a year

Pros: - Benefits - A job is a job! - Cool coworkers you may develop long-term friendships with - Again I say: Something different everyday! The job doesn't… Cons: - Ratchets. 'Nuff said. - It may be a Discount store BUT customers still try to find their way to either steal from the store or… Advice to Senior Management: - Improve management communications! I hate having to make sure consistently with different people in management about my schedules/extensions etc.! Just to have another manager… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

TERRIBLE

Retail Associate (Former Employee)
Santa Fe Springs, CA

I worked at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time for more than a year

Pros: Met a lot of great people. Cons: Management needs to take full responsibility for the flaws Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect and do your duties all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on dd's DISCOUNTS.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dd's DISCOUNTS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for dd's DISCOUNTS CEO Michael Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by dd's DISCOUNTS employees.