e-Management

www.e-mcinc.com

e-management disrespectful towards employees

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

1.) High salaries (almost too high for some people)
 2.) Decent medical benefits
 3.) Goof-off time on Fridays if you work at the client's site.

Cons

1.) Incompetent first line management;
 2.) Arrogant and condescending senior management;
 3.) Too much bureaucracy for a small company -- too many layers of management, several approvals needed for the simplest of requests (like ordering business cards or requesting training)
 4.) Disrespect for people's time: Many requests come in on Friday afternoons, and have a due date of Friday evening or Monday morning.
 5.) Phony propaganda about how innovative we are, when most of the work we do is boring help-desk-like day to day support.

1.) Stop rewarding mediocrity. Everytime an employee gets a recognition reward for doing his or her basic job during 8am-5pm normal work hours, everyone notices the mediority.
2.) Solicit anonymous employee feedback of the performance of supervisors. (360 degree feedback)
3.) Do a better job at business development, and spend less time blogging.

Other reviews for e-Management

e-Management is a great place for people who want to learn from their peers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

e-Management has experts. It's an environment where you can learn from your colleagues. The company also focuses on rewarding staff for jobs well-done. The company offers paid leave for staff who volunteers for their favorite charities, nonprofit, or causes. Integrity is a big deal at e-Management. Also, no backstabbing...e-Management has a highly collaborative environment.

Cons

People who aren't use to small business might become frustrated with the dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. But the company rewards people who help the company grow, support colleagues with workload surges, and offer excellent client care/customer service. e-Management executives actually hands-out awards in front of staff at the company's All Hands Meeting 4 times a year.

Continue honoring employees publicly. It really builds moral.

Working at e-Management has been a rewarding experience.

Pros

Senior Leadership genuinely cares about the employees. It is evident in many ways. The senior leaders live up to the company core values: Fairness, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Honesty. It is evident is many ways, including the employee recognition process and in the benefits. For example, the medical benefits are outstanding and they focus on keeping the costs down for employees every year without changes to what's covered. What I pay is very low compared to everyone I've talked to in the IT industry, and they put a MUCH higher percentage of my deductible into my HSA account than any company that my friends work for. Additionally, the company cares about community involvement. Not only do they give each employee an extra day off every year if they volunteer 8 hours of their time to a non-profit organization, they also have a corporate strategic goal of community involvement and have a partnership with A Wider Circle. I've also experienced and seen the company's appreciation for it's employees by looking for talent within the company to grow into the next level position.

Cons

e-Management is a small business. Sometimes that requires an extra level of effort to grow the business or meet client requirements. I don't necessarily see this as a con, but some people may prefer larger companies. I prefer the small company atmosphere. It is much more like a team than the larger companies I've worked for.

Keep up the good work. It's continually refreshing to see senior leaders live up to the company's core values, which mirror my own personal core values.

There are newer employer reviews for e-Management.

Worked for e-Management? Contribute to the Community!