eBay Enterprise

www.ebayenterprise.com
  www.ebayenterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise

“just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer”

I worked at eBay Enterprise (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, ok salary. You will have an opportunity to learn much about software engineering.

Cons

After almost 6 years at this company I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.
To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.
It might sound surprising, but culture was always a vital part of GSI’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

Like TrueAction down the block, GSI needs a complete change at the top. There's really no advice that I can provide to the current management, except this: resign for the good of the department and the company.

237 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Enterprise (View Most Recent)

Near endless work, tough hours, good compensation

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're good at what you do, GSI seems to know how to compensate well. Your immediate manager matters a lot with respect to realistic expectations though, experiences may vary. With a decent manager, you can expect to be fairly rewarded for a job well done.

Cons

Grueling hours. Expect to be called on weekends and to work late a lot. This is nearly entirely due to shortsightedness of upper management and an inability on their part to accurately plan.

Involve QA in the requirements collection process instead of just shoehorning them in on projects at the end.

CSSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at eBay Enterprise part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling for a college student, good pay for college student, and great training.

Cons

Crowded atmosphere and some employees were able to retain jobs after holiday season due to connections.

Take care of your employees based on numbers they produce not by who they know.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise