There are newer employer reviews for eBay Enterprise

“just a sweat shop these days - there's no fun around the place any longer”

I worked at eBay Enterprise (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, ok salary. You will have an opportunity to learn much about software engineering.

Cons

After almost 6 years at this company I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.
To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.
It might sound surprising, but culture was always a vital part of GSI’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

Advice to Management

Like TrueAction down the block, GSI needs a complete change at the top. There's really no advice that I can provide to the current management, except this: resign for the good of the department and the company.

reviews filtered by

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received a pay check

Cons

pound foolish and penny wise. left hand holds up awards, revenue, rah-rah; while right hand is swinging the ax - cutting staff, destroying morale, ruining lives. all in the name of the almighty dollar.

Advice to Management

Somehow, this company has made money. The leaders have made some horrendous decisions over the past 3 years. Putting all of your eggs in the V11 basket was arrogant and ignorant. Many big clients want to stay on the current V9 platform. V11 is still vaporware and all you are putting on it are small, meaningless clients.
    Take some responsibility and lead this company, employees rely on you for a pay check. The current course is crash and burn, and unfortunately the only survivors are the top brass who caused the crash. I hope you managers can sleep at night!

Technical Support Analyst

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee all the time, bagels one day a week. It can only get better, right?

Cons

Stressful environment, constant changes in 3-6-12 months plans, constant (hourly) shift in focus, no leadership, no task delegation from leadership to managers, no bonus structure for front line employees, 24/7 environment makes it hard to balance life, everyone married to their job, departments are silo'ed and communication is horrible. Lots of really smart people all waiting to be offered a chance to use their skills.

Advice to Management

Leaderhsip classes for everyone Manager and above. Release workers who aren't performing. Develop reporting tools.