Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

The people are the best thing about working at eBay. The second best thing about working at eBay is the community.

Cons

The main downside for working at eBay is the pace of work. There are many times during the year when the volume of work is unrealistic.

Advice to Management

They need to set the strategy of the company and move forward with it. They should not constantly be changing the strategy and direction of the company every other month, employees lose confidence in the management team.

reviews filtered by

Money can't fix what's broken here

Current Employee - Serving the EBay Kool-Aid to Others in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Serving the EBay Kool-Aid to Others in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

eBay still looks good on a resume. Just try not to roll your eyes when asked about your experience there at a job interview. There are also small pockets of good people that you will encounter that will help keep you sane. eBay has a really good benefits package, better than anywhere else I have worked.

Cons

Bad managment. Bad decision making. Nepotism. Cronyism. Soul-extraction by means of a contrived value system. Lack of respect for honest work. Its been years since I came to work smiling. Now I count every moment until I can leave. If you get a job at eBay be prepared to give all you have and expect nothing in return.

Advice to Management

I'd tell you to pack it in but you've bred smaller versions of you that are waiting to take your place. Look for your soul, eBay. Too many changes are executed just to make somone's quarterly review look impressive.

eBay/PayPal, a great place to work, but losing its luster

Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

eBay has smart, great people to work with
    Social bent in mission - providing livelihood to millions across world
    Can't beat a company so flush with cash during a downturn (i.e. $3B on balance sheet, generate $2.5B per year)
    Finally making some real changes to strengthen its long term position (late 2008)

Cons

Lack of clear corporate vision and strategic direction
    Advancement opportunities are getting too hard to come by
    Senior mgmt often seems to focused on short term results

Advice to Management

Need to capture employees' and public's imagination again
    Platform is key