eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

"We're Mushrooms," as one person said, "We're basically kept in the dark, and fed crap".

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

- The people you work with are generally really nice and friendly.
- Paid Time Off
- Garunteed 40/week
- Great Customer Service Experience
- Free Gym, Bagel/Fruit/Pastry Day, Free Pop.
- Secured Building

Cons

- Big Brother type of working conditions.
- You are not welcomed when sick, but punished should you take a sick day.
- You're measured on your satisfaction (which includes the company itself). Negative comments means working 10x harder to "average" yourself out.
- You can't admit you work there right now. You feel like you might get yelled at or something.

To stop the changes just for a moment and hear your people. The Representatives are getting warn out taking all these complaints!!

1218 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

Change is not always a good thing. Stop it already.

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

In my opinion, I think it has good benefits as well as a competitive wage. I like working for a company that provides a really interesting service, where there is lots to learn and a constant challenge. You can't get bored working there; there is always something new to learn. The one thing that makes me reluctant to leave after all the changes is the fact that eBay has the best group of coworkers I've ever had. I think the job naturally attracts a lot of like-minded people. This was the first job I really liked, although that's now changed. A drama-free (or at least drama-lite) workplace.

Cons

Recent changes have made us all feel uncertain about our jobs. I used to go to work daily feeling glad that I got to work for eBay and that I finally had a job I liked. Then they randomly closed valuable departments, shifted people around, let a bunch of people go and it doesn't feel safe anymore. Our holiday party was replaced with an "appreciation luncheon". Well, we are no longer feeling appreciated; we are feeling scared for our jobs - both our positions and our employment in general. It is no longer the place it was when I started working there. I no longer feel like I have any opportunity for advancement, and the recent restructurings have made it difficult for me and my coworkers to get the help we need.

It was working better before.

Dying slowly.

Current Employee - Withheld in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Withheld in London, England (UK)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

There are some great people, some really talented people in the business and given the mess it's in the enthusiasm and the passion to change is still strong. eBay is still a brand that creates emotion in people and being part of that can be hugely rewarding.

Cons

Unfortunately none of the great, talented people are at the executive or senior management level. Due to a combination of poor leadership, lack of coherent vision and a fear/mistrust of the platform there's a complete inability to execute projects efficiently. The main product of eBay is Powerpoint, and it's an oft-quoted line that 'meetings are the work'.

People, particularly those more senior are fearful of making the commitment to change that's required to save this business from slowly dying on the vine. Focus seems to swing from one project to another depending on what is perceived as the current silver bullet.

Stop hiring MBAs and Powerpoint jockeys, start hiring people who understand customers, the web and technology. Stop trying to be Amazon.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.