eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com
  www.ebay.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

"We're Mushrooms," as one person said, "We're basically kept in the dark, and fed crap".

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

- The people you work with are generally really nice and friendly.
- Paid Time Off
- Garunteed 40/week
- Great Customer Service Experience
- Free Gym, Bagel/Fruit/Pastry Day, Free Pop.
- Secured Building

Cons

- Big Brother type of working conditions.
- You are not welcomed when sick, but punished should you take a sick day.
- You're measured on your satisfaction (which includes the company itself). Negative comments means working 10x harder to "average" yourself out.
- You can't admit you work there right now. You feel like you might get yelled at or something.

To stop the changes just for a moment and hear your people. The Representatives are getting warn out taking all these complaints!!

1157 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

Still has potential, but needs to get it's act together - quick

Current Employee - Supervisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

The people. eBay really does hire some great people with great ideas, they just don't necessarily have influence to change anything. They do try to make it a fun environment with rewards and recognition as well, and employees do have the chance to voice issues to leadership.

Cons

The culture has completely changed over the last year. It's feeling much more corporate. Executives seem to be outright disregarding who we once were, and pursuing some new brand image that doesn't work and doesn't fit, yet they won't even fully admit that this is their goal. On the one hand, they say they still care about the small businesses and sellers that made eBay what it is today but on the other, every action they are taking says otherwise. We have totally alienated our customers. We are offering a platform that is complex with rules and polices that don't make sense. With the economy the way it is today, people should be flocking to eBay to sell their used goods and items and instead we've driven them away. Ideas aren't listened to by management; it takes an incredible amount of time to get anything done and by the time anything is implemented we're off onto the new flavor of the week.

LISTEN to your employees - they have great ideas and no venue or people of influence to make them happen. Even better, LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. If you want to go recruit the buy.com's of the world, fine, but don't alienate everyone else in the process. Strike a balance.

START USING YOUR OWN SITE. As both a seller and buyer. You'd see how complex it is, how much you end up paying in fees, and what our members are actually upset about.

Where did it all go wrong?

Current Employee - A Lowly Customer Service Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

1. Working with awesome people who are now quitting one by one
    2. Hope things will turn around, a fool's hope

Cons

1. The company slaves you by "keeping it human"
    2. Upper management are detached from reality and they think they know better.
    3. So very unorganized, "going with the flow" has its limits
    4. For a company that flants to have billions of dollars saved up in the bank, they sure act stingy.

"If you’re ridin’ ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there."

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.