eBay Inc.
www.ebayinc.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Dying slowly.

Withheld (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

ProsThere are some great people, some really talented people in the business and given the mess it's in the enthusiasm and the passion to change is still strong. eBay is still a brand that creates emotion in people and being part of that can be hugely rewarding.

ConsUnfortunately none of the great, talented people are at the executive or senior management level. Due to a combination of poor leadership, lack of coherent vision and a fear/mistrust of the platform there's a complete inability to execute projects efficiently. The main product of eBay is Powerpoint, and it's an oft-quoted line that 'meetings are the work'.

People, particularly those more senior are fearful of making the commitment to change that's required to save this business from slowly dying on the vine. Focus seems to swing from one project to another depending on what is perceived as the current silver bullet.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring MBAs and Powerpoint jockeys, start hiring people who understand customers, the web and technology. Stop trying to be Amazon.

The dream is long, long gone, folks.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros: Two things kept me at eBay - the compensation and benefits (above average) and the fantastic people that I worked with every day. Everyone on… Cons: Where to start? Even when Meg was CEO management was too far removed from the day to day problems CSRs encountered, and seemed to focus… Advice to Senior Management: Hey, they make way more than I ever will, and didn't get where they are now listening to low level employees in any of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I'm proud of an ebayer and will be

Manager (Current Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros: The salary is fine and have better package than most of other IT companies in China. The company always provides career development plan and support… Cons: Currently the global economy is impacting this company, but because of the traditional… Advice to Senior Management: Change the traditional working model to give faster response of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on eBay Inc..

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eBay Inc. CEO John J. Donahoe. All reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees.