eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com
  www.ebay.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

Technical challenges with real-world impact.

Cons

There is a lot of process in place which makes the company less agile.

The teams need more flexibility. there needs to be a way that to circumvent process for the 20% cases in which their should be an exception. This requires trust in the decision makers that are closer to the ground.

1173 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

eBay, a good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

The projects are fun and the job keeps changing. I enjoy working with the people around me. The office is well designed to help boost productivity, you don't feel like you are trapped in a cube farm. The food is a little on the pricey side but it is tasty and well made. The compensation is above average and the company looks like it will keep on growing which is good for everyone.

Cons

The crazy and sometimes chaotic environment. A lot of email and meetings but there are people who will try to help you out and reduce the distractions.

Keep doing the good work in trying to expand the company.

Great place to work but not for everyone

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

eBay is a fast paced, large company that in a lot of ways still has its start up mentality. Some days there 's endless red tape to go through and other days we can stop on a dime and change directions.

Everyone who works at eBay is dedicated, I have yet to meet anyone who we have to cover for. When faced with difficult tasks or projects, it is truly inspiring to watch everyone pitch in and power through whatever is in the way.

In the past few years, management has encouraged its employees to have good balance between work and personal life. This really has made a big difference for everyone.

Cons

eBay will work you, there are no slackers at eBay. The work environment is intense, the moment you enter the office til the moment you leave, there is stuff to do. If can't mulitask, you won't do well.

Treat your employees well. We work so hard, it is insane. That's why after 5 years of service and we earn the sabbatical, most leave.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.