There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

The best one yet.

Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT
Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay Inc. part-time (more than a year)

Pros

eBay is one of the MOST comfortable environments I have ever worked in. Aside from my peers, who take phone calls and emails, being the most lighthearted and pleasant people I've known in a business, the management and upper management are relaxed and approachable. I don't ever sweat bullets when the department manager asks me to see him at his desk or in the conference room. But what blew me away the most, was that the President of Global Customer Service himself shook my hand and congratulated me on the work I had done. This company is NOT afraid to recognize the achievements of their employees.

Cons

Honestly, the work itself is difficult sometimes. But that's it. I With the pro's of the job, I never go in resenting work.

reviews filtered by
  1. eBay is the biggest e-commerce company.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

eBay is the biggest e-commerce company. Some smart and hard working people worked there. Some challenging problems needs to be solved. Unique web search company

Cons

Too much legacy code, disorganized information / organizations. Some frequent re-organizations. Don't see much professional growth working there

The management needs to go beyond managing people to investing in people on a personal level. Please try to motivate people as much as possible.

Software Engineer Intern in Search Science at eBay

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Big, name-brand company in Silicon Valley that is getting smarter about technology, has big vision, and is doing well. The group I worked in had a very laid-back attitude. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Not as strong in technology or research as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, etc.

Ironically, the same laid-back group I interned with will turn down a job applicant that has the technical skills if he appears to be laid-back.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.