Opportunity abounds.

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

eBay Mission,
eBay's scale is untouchable, there is nothing close. Millions of buyers, millions of sellers use the site every day. When you build a product or make a change it impacts millions of people every day.
eBay is the worlds largest ecommerce provider and the opportunity to continue to be a force in ecommerce is still huge.
eBay's team is actually very talented esp. at the mid levels

Cons

eBay is an extremely complex business. The marketplace that looks simple tends to have lots of complexities making it difficult to get things done and sometimes to understand the impact of what you have done.

Advice to Management

Go bigger.

reviews filtered by
  1. Summer intern program is great

Former Employee - Summer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Summer in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros

Great pay, especially for an internship, and they provided us with 2 weeks stay at a hotel/apartment for us to find our own place for the summer.

Cool environment. Typical tech campus with lots of busy (mostly) young people. Parking was ample.

The surrounding area was nice. The fact that there was both a Fry's and a Rasputin's within a few blocks from the store made this intern real happy after work.

They try real hard to have cool activities and things for the interns. I regret not doing more of them.

Awesome mentor program-- I learned so much from my time there.

Cons

The place is really busy, which is to be expected. We're encouraged to ask those around us for help, but it there is hardly a good time.

Advice to Management

None.

eBay needs to seriously turnaround or it will sink.

Former Employee - PR Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - PR Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros

The people, the culture, the food, the celebrations. It's a fun place at the beginning but the company doesn't care about career advancement so people move after a while. Lots of politics so that is not good, especially tough times like these. Customers are genuinely trying to help the company but upper management doesn't listen to their advice. And the whole NPR crap score doesn't do much to help us.

Cons

upper management is lost, always talking about amazon, copying amazon, can't find the right Turnaround formula to actually turnaround, desperate to be at the top again.

Advice to Management

Get rid of them all, hire from Amazon, Google and people who actually understand ecommerce, not folks who came from consulting and never used the product.