There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

eBay is going through real technology turnaround

Current Employee - Search Product Management in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Search Product Management in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with eBay for quite some time now and can honestly tell that eBay has been through real technology turnaround in the last 3-4 years, it started by hiring new management team and it’s now affecting the individual contributor level. I grew up in this company’s product management org, and while only few years ago product management was about pitching for budget through ppt presentations and celebrating project approvals, now days it’s about collaborating with the engineering team, delivering a product, measuring success and celebrating our business impact.
eBay marketplaces, and search in particular, is one of those places where you actually work on the core product and affect millions of users with every product change, we truly move the business needle and drive the company growth (check our stock price in the past 2 years!), and eventually, the true leaders of the organization, whether they are new employees or folks who’ve been around (like me) get recognized & compensated accordingly.
The company is really focused on hiring great new talents; I can truly say the team becomes better every year.

Cons

Change is hard for many employees with the competition out there we sometime lose the leading talents.
Like in any other big company, a lot of “low/average” performing employees are still around.

Continue with the current direction, focusing on the core eBay product.
We’re now in a place where we can take bigger steps forward even when it comes to taking more risks.

1129 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

One of the fastest growing firms in history of business (Ok, so Google eclipsed it but who else?).

Former Employee - Head of Technology in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Head of Technology in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

eBay itself has a phenomenal business model. While eBay has natural limits to the size of the opportunity for its core business, it has continued to grow through acquisitions and global expansion.

Cons

eBay has gone through many phases as it evolved into a global powerhouse in commerce and payments. There are multiple cultures within eBay Inc that don't always work together well. Some employees are able to have careers that span both cultures (eBay and PayPal) but that is the exception rather than the norm. Advice - find the culture that fits you best and don't look back. If you are lucky enough to feel equally comfortable in both, then you are doubly fortunate.

Merge with Amazon when the timing is right. Amazon = new, eBay = used and PayPal would become the universal Payment king! Game over for "Big Box" retailers and even Walmart would be scared.

Fast moving, constantly changing, highly satisfying.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Change is constant and there is always another project to capture your attention. You will be constantly challenged by the evolution of the company.

Cons

If you don't like change or ambiguity, this is not the company for you. Things sometimes move too fast and departments tend to operate in silos which creates a challenge for all levels of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.