There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Get the name on your resume, and then move on.

Former Employee - Seller Vetting/Merchant Fraud in Draper, UT
Former Employee - Seller Vetting/Merchant Fraud in Draper, UT

I worked at eBay Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, free drinks, casual dress code, recognizable name on your resume.

Cons

Very difficult to get promoted at the Draper office. Odd office politics. Promotions and recognition given on criteria that seemed to have nothing to do with tenure, work competence, or education. Focus on strict productivity requirements, rather than quality or innovation in work. Uneven competence in management.

Advice to Management

Invest in training and retaining good talent. My department was FULL of creative and talented people that had no outlet or opportunity with which to further the business. Time and again great ideas were ignored, and frustrations were allowed to continue to the detriment of the customers and the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The best one yet.

Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - BSR Customer Solutions in Draper, UT

I have been working at eBay Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

eBay is one of the MOST comfortable environments I have ever worked in. Aside from my peers, who take phone calls and emails, being the most lighthearted and pleasant people I've known in a business, the management and upper management are relaxed and approachable. I don't ever sweat bullets when the department manager asks me to see him at his desk or in the conference room. But what blew me away the most, was that the President of Global Customer Service himself shook my hand and congratulated me on the work I had done. This company is NOT afraid to recognize the achievements of their employees.

Cons

Honestly, the work itself is difficult sometimes. But that's it. I With the pro's of the job, I never go in resenting work.

Enjoy the People and Culture, Brace yourself for change

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the company evolution, the opportunities (as long as you have self-initiative), great leadership with a sharp and compelling vision. There is some great talent at eBay to learn from, especially if you are more junior. Leaders are also relatively accessible which is nice.

Cons

Difficult to execute, team consensus culture which prevents accountability, sometimes duplicity in roles. The only thing constant at eBay is change, so you must be ready for and embrace that type of environment.

Advice to Management

More development/career development supporting programs. Initiative owners to drive decisions and make it easier to execute