eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com
  www.ebay.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

eBay is better than most of the crappy jobs I've had

Current Employee - Associate Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Associate Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

Big company with lots of exposure and impact in the market. Really, in all fairness, it's not the worst place in the world to work. In the beginning, when I started, the stock benefits were sweet. Now, they've dried up, so that thrill is gone. I've bounced around to a lot of jobs within the company, and it's more or less the same everywhere: confusion. Management is trying to find the eBay mojo again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have the vision and creativity that Pierre had when he started eBay. I'm not even sure it would be as great if he started it tomorrow.

Cons

Stock price and company mojo have dissipated in the last few years. No longer the visionary company Pierre started.

Stop worrying about the stock price, and start managing for the future. Find out what the members want, and give it to them in the simplest way possible. Reduce site complexity.

1155 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

Still a great place to work but could use some improvement

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

The eBay environment is warm and friendly and the company does a great job of trying to keep things "human". The benefits and salary are competitive with an attractive 4 week sabbatical after 5 years of service. Employees are encouraged to be true owners of their deliverables.

Cons

The company has a huge list of to-do's but lacks the right staffing to stay agile. Work-life balance will always be a challenge. The company priorities are cloudy across the enterprise and across the portfolio of companies.

Hire great talent. Great individual contributors does not always equal great people management - hire and promote well-rounded individuals.

I like the company! but watch out for politics in certain departments!

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

There is career advancement opportunity if you find the right boss

Cons

The technology in some areas is not state of the art

hire the best - don't hire just to fill open req!

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.