eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com

Senior software engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Good work, plenty of different technologies to work on

Cons

Long work hours, work life balance can be difficult to achieve

Other reviews for eBay Inc.

Great place to work and make an impact

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer)  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer) in San Jose, CA

Pros

Personal Perspective:
    - Flexible work hours (ability to work from home in many groups),
    - They sincerely care about employee welfare (we have groups dedicated to work/life balance and other welfare related areas),
    - Emphasis on mentoring and training (my team has weekly meetings dedicated to furthering our knowledge),

Work Perspective:
    - Challenging/stimulating projects to work on (every time I meet with a manager I get even more excited about where our platform is going),
    - Intelligent co-workers (I have learned much from my teammates),
    - Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative (we have innovation challenges, skunkworks projects always going on, and promote a collaborative environment where people are not afraid to voice their opinions),
    - We are a customer focused company (in fact all of the new projects I am hiring for are to better the customers experience),
    - The managers I support including my immediate management is encouraging and provide the right amount of assistance without becoming a micro manager.
    - Ability to impact the company - working here you have many opportunities to impact the company as we are still very startup like on the inside - not many processes or procedures to impede you.

Our company is always encouraging us to get out in the community and volunteer.

Cons

As a recruiter/sourcer our internal systems can be better - right now they are pretty clunky. However we do have a team developing a new ATS for us to use.

As a remote employee it would be nice to visit the office at least twice a year. In 2 years I have been able to visit the main campus twice.

In the sourcer chair the only career growth I have is to move into a manager or recruiter role (neither of which I want). With that being said there is not much career growth in my role. I know my management is working on improving this and feel confident it will improve.

Keep doing what you are to promote a great culture, work/life balance and entrepreneurial spirit.

Improve the internal tools we use, allow remote employees to visit the office more frequently and provide opportunities for those who like to be individual contributors to move up the pay ladder.

The new eBay

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

Pros

I was an intern last summer, and I absolutely loved my experience; however, coming in as a full time employee has far exceeded my expectations. HR organized a two week training program with all new hires from around the country. We learned so much and it was a blast (happy hours and dinners every night). Working in marketplaces, I was able to get a more well-rounded view of the entire company. I'm so excited to hit the desk tomorrow and kick off my career at eBay.

Cons

The company has yet to manage its reputation/brand image. The public doesn't quite understand what eBay Inc has to offer holistically as a commerce company -- there is still a stigma that consumers can only buy junk on eBay (but really, over 70% is new and buy it now).

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc..

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!